Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Curious

tag
SSH0126
Established Contributor

Curious

Now I submitted DV letters to IC system regarding a collection twice. I live in the state of Texas. They never responded. So I submitted a bbb dispute asking that they remove it. Since I submitted a BBB dispute they are calling. They passed the 30 days by law to respond. Would it be worth it to dispute with the CRA? Since they never responded to the letters I sent them in the 1st place? 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Curious

A dispute through the CRA has nothing to do with them not answering your DV.

File complaints with your states AG and the FTC.  They are violating the Texas Finance code and you could sue them.

Message 2 of 6
SSH0126
Established Contributor

So how could I get it removed? How do people get things removed by CRA. I could have sworn I have read that ppl have been successful with getting collections deleted for the reason below but maybe I misunderstood or mis read. ??????

Message 3 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When I first started the forums people would send in the green card and a copy of the DV letter and tell the CRAs they never validated.  It seemed to work.  Maybe try that.

Message 4 of 6
rob1334

Maybe that was what I read. I will use your advice as well.  will be very busy this weekend typing up all of these letters and reasearching. So thankful for this website. 

Message 5 of 6
cookiebird
Frequent Contributor

I sent IC Systems a DV letter 3 weeks ago and they deleted the account but only because they were reporting something that even if it was correct would have been minimum 10 years old. They never did verify the debt so I am not sure it is even mine. They just sent me a letter they were deleting.

I was told that in order for them to follow the Texas Finance Code you have to state it in your DV letter.  I am in Texas as well and didn't state that in the DV letters. So I am giving them all another week or so and then the ones that did not respond I am sending another one stating that.

last app 11/13/2013 gardening for at least a year
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.