cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current CA ignored my DV but CRA shows the old CA; Can I still write to them?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Current CA ignored my DV but CRA shows the old CA; Can I still write to them?

Hi all. My first post here. This is a GREAT community. I have learned more by going through the stickies on these forums than I ever could have otherwise. As a result, I sent a DV letter via CMRR to the CA who currently owns an old credit card account of mine (well past the SOL limit). It was one heck of a DV if I might add, using a few templates I found on these forums Smiley Tongue

It has been 45 days since the CA received my letter. I have the CMRR signed green confirmation card, their letter to me demanding the funds, and my DV letter so (per advice in the DV sticky here) I am now ready to write to all 3 CRAs and ask them to remove the entry from my records. The problem is that none of them show this CA as the account holder; they all show the one this CA bought my account from. The sticky doesn't address that nuance.

Can I still write to CRAs with all the proof I mentioned above?

By the way, my FICO score is 674 with both EQ and TU and 711 with Experian. It has gone up a 100 points in the past 12 months and I want it to continue to sky rocket. If this one account drops off, I will see a huge leap in my scores.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Current CA ignored my DV but CRA shows the old CA; Can I still write to them?

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Keep in mind the shorter the better.  Under the FDCPA, the only thing they have to tell you, if not in the dunning letter, is who has the debt and how much.  If you dispute any portion of the debt or ask specifically for the OC, they have to provide that.  They also have to provide any judgment paperwork if appropriate.

If this CA is not reporting, sending those things to the CRA is not going to help.

DV the CA that is showing on your CR.

May I ask where you got your FICO scores?  EX has not provided a FICO score to the consumer for a while.  You have to get it from a creditor or a CU in PA.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Current CA ignored my DV but CRA shows the old CA; Can I still write to them?

Thanks for the quick response. I should have clarified that my 2 FICO scores are from Fair Isaac directly (I am a Score Watch subscriber) while the Experian FAKO score is directly from Experian. I was disappointed to find out months ago that they do not subscribe to the FICO model.

So you're saying I should started the DV process all over again with the CA who shows on my CR? Dang...that would be another 40+ days of waiting but if it helps, I am all for it. I just assumed that since I have the original letter from the current CA that shows the OC's name and my CR shows the OC's name as well, CRA will be able to confirm that it is the same debt the new CA is trying to collect on.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.