cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CyberCollect paid check

tag
jkbrown76

CyberCollect paid check

Last year, I wrote a check to our daughter's ortho that got kicked back by our bank. The dr office redeposited it within a week and it cleared. CyberCollect is now reporting it on my husband's credit report. It shows paid, but it is a negative account that we want off his report since we are trying to buy a house this year.

Can I dispute the entry on his reports since he didn't write the check?  It is not reporting on my reports. What would be the best course of action to tackle this one?

Thanks for any help!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: CyberCollect paid check

I woulkd dispute it as inaccurate, the original check went thru on the 2nd shot, was no reason for a CA to be involved, if it wont drop, CFPB complaint.

Message 2 of 4
jkbrown76

Thanks for the reply. Will be disputing with CRA. Anyone have experience with CyberCollect/Payalliance? How hard are they to get things deleted?

Message 3 of 4
jkbrown76

Called CybrCollect now Payalliance to ask why my paid bad check was my husband's account. 

First she could not find my husband in the system, but she found my name. I asked why my bad check was on his report but not mine. She said it is because we have a joint account. 
That does not make sense to me. How my bad check can be on his report but not mine. 

I disputed it off EX so hopefully since they could not find him when I called it will fall off. 

Does anyone know the truth of this. Plus Payalliance never sent me anything stating it would be put on the reports.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.