Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DANIELS JEWELERS / SMC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DANIELS JEWELERS / SMC

has anyone had luck getting these to delete a paid off account from their CR?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MMAYFIELD0309
Valued Member

Re: DANIELS JEWELERS / SMC

I've only tried by phone so far and no luck. They want the balance paid in full and with all accumalated interest. So my report shows a balance of 568 and they want like 950 and will list it as paid in full. Tried to negotiate but they left no room to do so. I also tried calling back at a later time and date but ended up with the same lady as if she runs that department or just my account, not sure. I plan to eventually send in a GW after I pay it and ask if they can kindly turn it into a positive tradeline since it is one of my oldest accounts and I do plan to do business with them again.

Starting Score: TU FAKO: 565 - EQ FICO: 598 - EX FAKO: 545
Current Score: TU FICO: 632 - EQ FICO: 646 - EX FAKO: 661
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

let me know what happens, I've been trying to get them to remove the paid account off of my reports but no luck Smiley Sad thats the only baddie left on my reports.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The obstacle you are facing is that the CRAs specify, in each reporting agreement with furnishers of information, that the furnisher is NOT to delete prior reporting of accurate information based on payment of the debt.  Their basis for this stipulation is to preserve the objective integrity of the credit reporting system.

A furnisher can agree to delete such information notwithstanding their reporting agreements with the CRA, as the CRAs dont police this "requirement," and dont require the furnisher to provide a reason why they have deleted any information.  However, many furnishers will strictly abide by this agreement, and go so far as to represent that it is illegal for them to make such deletions.  It is not illegal.  It is just frowned upon.

Give a good-will letter a shot.  Some credtiors are more flexible than others.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.