Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DCU success :)

tag
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

DCU success :)

Just got instant approval for checking/saving account.  I told myself I wasn't gonna apply right now but my fakos went up by like 30/40 points this morning so I gave it a shot.  I was hoping I would also get a refi and cc offer but I'm hoping there is one when I log in after they mail me my info.  So that is my free fico EQ.  Tempted to do FNBO for the free fico EX.  I still think my TU is too messed up for discover and I don't need a Walmart cc (not that they would approve me anyway).

anyway just happy to start a relationship with DCU.  Thanks again to this board.  Any tips for me ?

edit:  I really don't need the fnbo.  Mmm so unless I apply for discover it, there is really nothing else I need unless DCU comes back with some offers.  I'm 90% sure discover will deny, so I'm going back to garden unless DCU comes calling.

EX 706. TU 705 EQ 682. Avg 698
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: DCU success :)

congrats on your DCU approval!!! Keep up the good work Smiley LOL

Message 2 of 7
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

@alvon123 wrote:

Thank you, I'm very excitthe to be a member.  Might close some old accounts now.

Message 3 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@avggoal700 wrote:

@alvon123 wrote:

Thank you, I'm very excitthe to be a member.  Might close some old accounts now.

I am tempted to join in anticipation of an auto loan in a couple of years, lol. I ahev heard DCU can be a bit.... slow.... when approving new members. 

Message 4 of 7
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

@alvon123 wrote:

I am tempted to join in anticipation of an auto loan in a couple of years, lol. I ahev heard DCU can be a bit.... slow.... when approving new members. 

i have also been semi tempted to join for possible auto loan down the road and the free EQ 04 fico scores. 

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 5 of 7
avggoal700
Frequent Contributor

@azguy13 wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

@alvon123 wrote:

I read that too.  They asked me some security questions, I made sure to research the answers as to not make any mistakes.  My DL is also from a different address so I was expecting to have to send them paperrwork, but my approval was instant.  Hopefully that doesn't change.

Message 6 of 7
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@avggoal700 wrote:

@azguy13 wrote:

@avggoal700 wrote:

@alvon123 wrote:

I read that too.  They asked me some security questions, I made sure to research the answers as to not make any mistakes.  My DL is also from a different address so I was expecting to have to send them paperrwork, but my approval was instant.  Hopefully that doesn't change.

Excellent! 

I just want to become a member so when the time comes, I can app for the auto loan without having to wait X amount of time to become a member first. However, this is easily 2 or so years off. 

If you can't tell, I like to plan things out WAY in advance. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.