cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DECLINED Bank of America secured card than APPROVED after talking to credit analyst !!! :) Yeah !

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DECLINED Bank of America secured card than APPROVED after talking to credit analyst !!! :) Yeah !

Hi there,

I'm new to this forum and I want to thank everybody who contributes to this Forum here. After doing my research here I decided to apply for a Bank of America secured credit card to rebuild my credit.

I applied online and after checking my application it was declined so I found a backdoor number here and talked to a credit analyst she approved my application with $600. Thank you guys for that number. You should never give up.

I was told that it was declined because I'm already holding a BOA unsecured CC with them. She asked why I applied and I told her after reading online and talking to a rep at my local branch I decided to apply for it to rebuild my credit. She also verified my info such as employer, yearly gross income, and asked if I still go to school due to my student loans

I have upromise BOA CC with 2400 CL 80% utilization and a Discover More $500 CL with 90% utilization. Both cards since 2007. I never had a late payment on my Discover. I had one 30 day late on my upromise BOA in March 2010.

Additionally I have a car loan with my CU at $9000 and students loans worth $9500. I have one paid charged off account from a year ago. I sent a goodwill letter regarding my 30 day late on my BOA account and I will also send a GW letter to my charged off account I will tell you how that goes. I have no collections on my account.

I have credit monitoring with Equifax and Transunion and it doesn't show any inquiries. I assume they used Experian. Luckily my Experian does not show my charged off account. She didn't mention anything regarding a bad account. I had disputed it with Experian and they removed it Smiley Happy.

One more question, I want to get a secured credit card for $300 thru my CU. They do report to all 3 bureaus. Should I apply now or wait? Also what do you guys think about the secured Citi credit card. I was looking online but there was no place to apply for it.

Thanks again everybody. I will keep you posted about my success with my GW letters.

EQ (618)   TU (660)  EX (696) (FAKO) my fico TU (603)

Goal 700+

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: DECLINED Bank of America secured card than APPROVED after talking to credit analyst !!! :) Yeah

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

You have 3 open CC's now. IMO, I would just leave it at that.  See what others have to say.Smiley Wink

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DECLINED Bank of America secured card than APPROVED after talking to credit analyst !!! :) Yeah

@LIGHTNIN wrote:

Hi and Welcome to the forums,

You have 3 open CC's now. IMO, I would just leave it at that.  See what others have to say.Smiley Wink

Exactly that.  There's no need to have more the 3 cards for just FICO raising purposes, three is a really good number to have for payment history benefits, and you have enough other tradelines (auto loan, student loans) that you're not in the thinnish category.  So just hang out, make payments on time, and wait for the increases to come to you before doing anything else.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.