cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DELETION SUCCESS.. DISPUTES??!! 6 deletions in 14 days!!

tag
lesse
Frequent Contributor

DELETION SUCCESS.. DISPUTES??!! 6 deletions in 14 days!!

Now one thing about me is that i can be is a bit hard headed.. ive read on here some do disputes.. some dont, i got some advice from people and alot say dont dispute.. either way ive had a lot of success with disputes and PFD's in the past sooooo.. as of 3/11  i started out with 11 collections.. and per the transunion guy he said that if there is a incorrect balance (a chargeoff i paid 2 weeks ago.. then he said i should dispute it.. although i wanted to wait for the slow pokes to update 30-60 days.. i just couldnt resist!! This nice rep was able to over the phone pretty much give me my updated credit report and i saw 2 CAs had been delete.. so i decide to get logged in to experian to do a new dispute for those chargeoffs that are paid.. to be consistent and noticed my collection file looked pretty THIN.. welllllllll out of the 11 collections on my EX i started with.. im down to 5.. i had 6 COLLECTIONS DELETED IN 14 DAYS!! i am soooo excited.. i cant even believe it!!!

IN case your wondering the CA's i got deleted included: IC SYSTEMS, JEFFERSON CAPITAL, NCO FINANCIAL, AND NORTHERN RESOLUTIONS (JEFFERSON AND NCO HAD 2 COLLECTIONS EACH)

I wonder how this will affect my credit score?? i am going to wait until the end of april to pull again.. so that all disputes, BBB requests and PFD's and payments update on my file. But im sooo excited and happy i could just cry!!!

START (FICO): 1/28/2013 EQ: 499 EX: 558 TU: 536
Lender Pull:
UPDATED SCORE 10/2015: EX: 763 TU: 709 EQ: 720

GOAL 800 Across the board
Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DELETION SUCCESS.. DISPUTES??!! 6 deletions in 14 days!!

Congrats to you!!!  Nice work, and there's nothing wrong with being "hard headed".

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 17
timeforrepair
Valued Member

Great Job and quick Question.. Had you worked out a PFD before you disputed them? or did you pay them then dispue the balance? With that kind of success id like to follow... Thanks

Message 3 of 17
dougnukem
New Contributor

Nice work!

hard headed=determined.  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 17
lesse
Frequent Contributor

well im being a little sneakyyy Smiley Embarassed  in some cases.. BUT i had one PFD.. i spoke with the guy @ CA he emailed me confirmation would be deleted that week and it was done.. i paid with debit card over the phone in full.

Jefferson capitol is for a bank acct checking/saving.. which i SWORE i paid (of course no reciepts).. in order to get a job i had to clear that up.. they state i still owe.. i took the BBB route with them and disputed and boom both gone.

Northern.. never sent me any notication.. i BBB and disputed them and GONE! (still showing on one other CR though Smiley Sad

IC System - i contacted and advd i have no recollection of this debt. .they agreed to delete but advd i should contact OC to make sure doesnt appear again.. if i recieve a notice i will immediately DV and pay to avoid it from re appearing... they are still reporting on one last CR.. not sure if they are slow updating or if they didnt respond to bureau in enough time.

NCO fin- i simply disputed and it got removed (they held 2 collections)

Lender Pull:

Wallet:Credit One $600; NFCU (secured- Changed to unsecured) $7500; NFCU (Unsecured)$500- increase to $12,500 BOA: $1000 Home Depot/Lowes $800 each Childrens Place $350 Sams Club $800
Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 17
dougnukem
New Contributor

Sounds similar to what I did last week.  Had a couple Collections that weren't removed as per an agreement, one was just given a zero balance.  Ended up calling TU first, instead of BBB.

Message 6 of 17
lesse
Frequent Contributor

Did you have to dispute with BBB that it should be a deletion or did they just remove it for you?

AND thanks guys for all the support and kind words.. you guys make this process so much easier and fun.. being that i can confide in you.. my hubby doesnt want to hear about it.. he doesnt really get the whole process.. lol .. now wishing i could do this part time on the side.. its soo fun researching collection agencies that easily delete.. and diffrent methods of cleaning stuff up.. sux i was so dumb before this and just paid the collections, didnt understand the dipsute process, the BBB process. alot of stuff couldve been handled esp the UTIL percentage had i known this stuff before.. oh well you live and you LEARN Smiley Happy

Lender Pull:

Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 7 of 17
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

I also had 7 collections removed via disputing it to the CRAs Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 17
lesse
Frequent Contributor

NICE SLR!!!  how many did you start with?? how many do you have left.. did you see a crazy score boost??

Lender Pull:

Garden Time Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 17
SLR72689
Frequent Contributor

@lesse wrote:

NICE SLR!!!  how many did you start with?? how many do you have left.. did you see a crazy score boost??

I had 8. 2 of the 7 were actually not mine, but my deceased father's. The other 5 were from the same CA and I had paid the OC for all 5 so I skipped over going to the CA and just disputed with the CRAs. One left which I'm paying on because it is my debt and I want it gone.

myFico score didn't change because the collections werent on my equifax report... but my Experian fako jumped up 98 points and my TU fako jumped 36 I believe. Experian had all 8 reporting, TU had 6 reporting, Equifax only had the 1 reporting, which is the one I'm currently working on. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.