Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DENIED Banana Republic

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DENIED Banana Republic

So i'm trying to gain new credit lines and was looking to get a store card. I applied for a banana card instore the other day and was immediately denied. Smiley Sad the salesperson didnt tell me why and I haven't received a letter yet and it was a hard pull after they told me it wouldnt be -_- Is it really hard to get with them or what. My scores arent the greatest as they're in the high fives getting ready to smack 6 in the face atleast according to CK. Help please..is there a number I could call and see if they'll reconsider or something.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DENIED Banana Republic

What cards if any do you have now?

Message 2 of 8
willwar14
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So i'm trying to gain new credit lines and was looking to get a store card. I applied for a banana card instore the other day and was immediately denied. Smiley Sad the salesperson didnt tell me why and I haven't received a letter yet and it was a hard pull after they told me it wouldnt be -_- Is it really hard to get with them or what. My scores arent the greatest as they're in the high fives getting ready to smack 6 in the face atleast according to CK. Help please..is there a number I could call and see if they'll reconsider or something.

1. All Gap brands are Synchrony, and Sync is always a HP. Regardless of what CSRs tell you.

2. Sync does not reconsider.

3. I see your TU is in the high 500s, try again when your TU score is around 620+ (that is if you still want the card)

and sorry to hear about your denial! Being denied in store is the worst kind of denial for me, it feels super horrible.

CH7 FILED: 08/18/2022, DC: 01/23/2023
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

1. All Gap brands are Synchrony, and Sync is always a HP. Regardless of what CSRs tell you.

2. Sync does not reconsider.

3. I see your TU is in the high 500s, try again when your TU score is around 620+ (that is if you still want the card)

and sorry to hear about your denial! Being denied in store is the worst kind of denial for me, it feels super horrible.

Yea it was pretty crappy. Thanks for the info I wish I would've consulted her before applying. Thanks for the info

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

What cards if any do you have now?

Opensky is my only positve account right now. I have 3 or 4 chargeoffs I plan on paying off by the end of the year. I just always read that its good to get a couple of store cards to help the rebuild process

Message 5 of 8
willwar14
Valued Contributor

I think its also worth mentioning nothing scares creditors more than active delinquent balances. I think once those COs are showing as paid, you should have a really good shot at the store card.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@willwar14 wrote:

I think its also worth mentioning nothing scares creditors more than active delinquent balances. I think once those COs are showing as paid, you should have a really good shot at the store card.

THanks I kinda figured but I'm an easy sale so I was like hey lets give it a shot. I'll just patiently wait and hold off on applying for credit until those are gone. Would you recommend applying for another secured card or should I just pump my brakes and focus on paying more baddies.

Message 7 of 8
willwar14
Valued Contributor

If you were to get a another secured card, get one that could unsecure in the future. Although I do think you should pay those negs, and then go after some more credit.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.