Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DFAS Account

tag
credit_challenged09
Regular Contributor

DFAS Account

I had discharged my DFAS debt in bankruptcy, but it appears you can not bankrupt educational debt (tuition assistance).  After my discharge, I had some trouble with DFAS.  I finally I found someone that could update my account and get things straightened out.  Well she did, now my account has been updated to a positive status and I guess any negative connotation is gone.  Today I've noticed that my FAKO score on USAA credit monitoring has shot up 40+ points.  I haven't seen any change yet on my FICO credit monitoring.   If you ever need to reach out to someone at DFAS, let me know, I have the ladies name and fax number that assisted me!! whoot whoot! 

Good luck to those fighting the dreaded DFAS...

FICO Scores: (EX-735-11/12) EQ-757-12/03 (TU-750-11/12)
Discover FICO: 756 - 12/17 Walmart FICO: 750-1/06
USAA FAKO: EX-742 EQ-761 TU-761

Macys $7.2k - NFCU $24k - Discover $6.8k - Cap One $3500 - Nordstrom $3.5k - Wells Fargo $1k - Walmart $4.5k- The Limited $2.5k- Victoria's Secret $2.2k- Bloomingdales $2k- JCP $700
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Pharoe33
Regular Contributor

Re: DFAS Account

Congratulations on your success! Out of curiosity does your point of contact deal directly with educational debts or do they deal with DFAS accounts in general? I'm a military retiree as well as a divorcee. I've noticed DFAS has been deducting a Surviving Spouse benefits fund from my retirement check every month for 3 years now. I was recently told that DFAS will refund that money all the way back to my divorce date. Is this is true, I would have a lot of cash to apply to my CC bills :-) Just havent been able to get in touch with anyone at DFAS to confirm this.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.