Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DHS CR Entry

tag
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

DHS CR Entry

Ok so I have a "child support" listing on CR (although it's not, it's actually state insurance...but dispute didn't change it). Anyway, it was almost 1k, which I just next day aired a cashiers check for full balance plus next months amt also (another hot dog and Mac n cheese month OH YEAH).

On Friday, I'm faxing over a GW letter and will follow up with emails and inperson meeting if necessary. My question is this...if they DON'T want to delete, is there some kind of clause relating to 0 balance/PIF, considering it wasn't an extension of credit in the first place? I'm talking along the lines of federal acts/CRA policies rather than individual state policies.

This listing is the only reported "lates" on any of the 81-month payment histories in the last 3 years...and it's a CA listing for the last 12 months straight...GOTTA be killing my scores.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Re: DHS CR Entry

Bump
Message 2 of 6
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Well, its a win...i think...

After sending the below email the day after I paid in full, I got a response back stating exactly "I have requested an update to your credit report. Please know that it can take 2 -3 weeks for the updated to be completed. "

That doesnt EXACTLY say it would be deleted, but given my GW email (below), it SOUNDS like thats what she was saying.

What do you guys think? Take that as a full deletion?

The 81-month payment history reads as follows (its gotta be murdering my score...im assuming "CA" report monthly is equivelent to "120+ late" damage wise??):

YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
2013*           
2012CACACACACACACACACACACACA

<USUAL HEADER>

RE: FGN # XXX

Dear Sir or Madam,

Please be advised, this is not a dispute in any way, shape, or form. It is intended, rather, as an overview by way of explanation. This letter is a sincere request for your help and consideration.

Upon the new requirement I provide state insurance for my son, I had a meeting with my child support case manager in the XXX office. It was explained to me that the payments that my son (xxx) received would be considered paid child support. I had assumed at that point that it was all inclusive, and therefore also included the insurance payments. This was a misunderstanding on my part, and I take full responsibility for that. When I had been notified that I was behind on those insurance payments, I immediately consulted with a case manager, which consequently helped me set up a satisfactory payment arrangement. I have made this repayment my number one priority, and have paid the amount in full within a few months, which is now current. As a result of my misunderstanding, the credit bureaus now reflect a negative entry on my credit report. In addition, the entry insinuates that I had put myself above the needs of the children I love, which has never been the case. I would ask that you consider removing the reported negative information from the major Credit Bureaus (Experian, Transunion, Equifax).

I do recognize that this request is unique, and that it may not be normal policy for your organization. I would also respectfully bring to your attention the Fair Credit Reporting Act does not demand that all accounts be reported, but rather, that any account that is reported simply be reported accurately. Therefore, an organization does have legal discretion and permission to remove any account it chooses from a credit report. It is my sincere hope that you will do that in my case.

I am in the process of applying for a mortgage so that I may rebuild my family under one, stable roof, and I feel that this negative entry may preclude me from doing so. It is my personal opinion that the credit entry does not accurately reflect my credit worthiness, as its purpose is intended to do. Even after the entry reflects a "paid in full" status, the credit reporting agencies still list it under "negative accounts" and therefore not viewed acceptable under manual review of the report.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Feel free to contact me at any time with any questions, comments, or concerns.

Sincerely,

RANK/NAME,

United States Army, Retired

Message 3 of 6
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

bump (kind of)...

all guessing aside on the email interpretation, how does the fico model read CA when reported monthly?

:

The 81-month payment history reads as follows (its gotta be murdering my score...im assuming "CA" report monthly is equivelent to 12 straight "120+ lates" damage wise??):

YearJanFebMarAprMayJunJulAugSepOctNovDec
2013*           
2012CACACACACACACACACACACACA
Message 4 of 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

That just means it was in collections for those months.  Isn't the state reporting it?

Message 5 of 6
Crossdivided
Established Contributor

Yes. But guessing it's getting deleted although their response to my GW wasn't 100% clear.

Yeah, just meant " in collections" up until last month was just as bad as 120 late fico model damage wise...just guessing it would be I mean.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.