Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISPUTE? On-Line vs. Phone vs. Mail

tag
marcuscat
Established Member

DISPUTE? On-Line vs. Phone vs. Mail

I have 1 - 30 day late that showed up on a CC. I called and it was a FC, and they had an incorrect email for me. They reversed the late to show current. They sent me a letter stating they updated all 3 CRA’s. That was July 16th. As of today August 12th the late is still showing on all 3 CRA’s.

I just called the CC customer service and she said the records show current for the month it had reported late before…..

My question, should I just dispute online as incorrect (easiest way, maybe fastest) or go through sending CMRR and a copy of letter?

Thanks

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: DISPUTE? On-Line vs. Phone vs. Mail

Message 2 of 12
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

Yes the corrections can (and often do) take some time to update, however with the 2 online disputes I've done all three of the CRA's had them completed within 9-12 days.  Now I'm waiting for their decisions to be reflected on  my report. 

Message 3 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You really shouldn't dispute just to get the TL to update faster as that is not a valid reason for a dispute.  You need to wait for the process to run.

Message 4 of 12
marcuscat
Established Member

Patience is hard for me......

When the statement cuts I put $20 on it hoping for it to update....

Message 5 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 6 of 12
marcuscat
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

The CCC normally reports to the CRAs within days of the statement date.

Yes but the 30-Day was 08/12. When the CCC reports this months balance does the CRA ALSO pick up the updated current 08/12 report?

How does it work?

Message 7 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

When the CCC reports to the CRA it is the balance at the time they report.  The CRA only puts what they report for that month,

Am I following you?

Message 8 of 12
marcuscat
Established Member

@guiness56 wrote:

When the CCC reports to the CRA it is the balance at the time they report.  The CRA only puts what they report for that month,

Am I following you?

Yes you are, Thank You.

So I guess my next question would be about the letter to me dated 07/16/13 stating that they would inform the CRA's could be another 60+ days????

Message 9 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Yes, it could.  But for your peace of mind you can always call them and ask if it has been submitted and when.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.