Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISPUTE WITH EXPERIAN

tag
m3v8
New Contributor

DISPUTE WITH EXPERIAN

What is with EXPERIAN lately? I wanted to send them a dispute letter, but there is no mailing  address for EXPERIAN? I tried everything, but to no avail. The only way to dispute with EXPERIAN is by doing it on line, but I wanted to send them a certified letter, just the way I do it with the other 2 reporting agencies. However, when I was going through some of my old records, I discovered this address for EXPERIAN:

EXPERIAN

P.O. BOX 9701

Allen, TX 75013

Does anyone else had a difficulty communicating with EXPERIAN via regular mail?   

05/09 EX-573, EQ-578, TU-587
05/10 EX-606, EQ-636, TU-715
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: DISPUTE WITH EXPERIAN

I found this address to send reports:

Experian
P.O. Box 2104
Allen, TX 75013-2104

Message 2 of 9
m3v8
New Contributor

Thanks! Looks like the same address, but different P.O. Box... will mail a dispute letter to them tomorrow, will post updates on my progress here.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish you much luck with Experian! In my experience they are the absolute worst to dispute with! Everything always comes back verified and if you try and dispute again they will send you a "already verified, contact creditor" letter. They are horrible!! I hope you have a better experience than I have had with them..

Message 4 of 9
m3v8
New Contributor

I agree with you 110 % !!!  It seems that, at EXPERIAN there is no human operation,- everything is just automated.

Sorry, this is off topic, but:

If you want your EXPERIAN SCORE, then you would only be able to get it through a 3rd party wich is linked to EXPERIAN web site... and the score would not be updated or it would not be clear where and how it was calculated. I have been purchasing EXPERIAN score fore more than a year and it always would be the same old "low" score... all my other scores (equifax, transunion) would constantly change, go up as my situation improves,- but not EXPERIAN. It was strange to me not to be able to see my EXPERIAN score change for a year, and after reading some stories here on this forum I started to to realize something 'FISHY" about EXPERIAN.

I just can not believe Banks consider EXPERIAN reports when evaluating consumers credit.

Why can't I just simply send a certified dispute letter to EXPERIAN? Why don't they have a mailing address?

...end rant.

Message 5 of 9
m3v8
New Contributor

Experian discontinues myFICO agreement
As you may be aware, Experian® has opted to discontinue its relationship with myFICO effective February 14, 2009. This change by no means eliminates your ability to obtain your credit score and assess your creditworthiness.

There is no one credit score that all financial institutions use to make decisions and there is also no one credit score that consumers must use to help them understand and manage their credit.

There are many reputable credit scores on the market that you can use to evaluate your creditworthiness before making financial decisions. Such credit scores include VantageScoreSM, PLUS Score® and others which are developed by the three national credit reporting companies or third parties. All of these credit scores provide prediction of your credit risk.

You have many options for obtaining your credit score, and a few of those options are listed below:

• Experian.com provides the ability for you to obtain your three national credit reports and credit scores based on data from all three national credit reporting companies.
  • AnnualCreditReport.com provides you with access to a free annual credit report from each of the national credit reporting companies as well as an option to purchase a credit score along with the report.

This development has no impact on how lenders and other credit issuers evaluate your creditworthiness. Experian continues to offer its own scores, FICO scores and other credit risk scores to its business clients to enable their credit-granting decisions.

Message 6 of 9
SunnyDaze77
Regular Contributor

Hello!  I just sent a dispute to EX.  Below is the address I used:

Experian                                              

701 Experian Parkway 

Allen, TX 75013

I did receive a reply from them and the letter's return address was:

Experian

PO Box 9701

Allen, TX 75013

I sent my mail June 1st.  They recieved it June 6th.  Just recieved my reply today June 14th.  GL! =)  

Starting Score: TU 543 EQ 570 (03/21/10)
Building Score: TU 641 EQ 629 EX 620 (11/06/11) Pulled Lender
Current Score: TU 680 EQ 683 EX 665 (04/23/12)
Goal Score: 720 Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@m3v8 wrote:

Experian discontinues myFICO agreement

Those bums. Happy were the days when we could pull our EX FICO...at least I save 1/3 now when pulling semimonthly reports.

BYW, you can still get your EX FICO from your lender or from a small CU in PA called PSECU.

Message 8 of 9
m3v8
New Contributor

Thank you very much. This information is very helpfull.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.