Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISPUTE?

tag
eastexascout
Regular Contributor

DISPUTE?

I have been dealing with my SL company trying to get them to see some errors.  I have called, wrote, faxed, etc. - and then today i see where they said on my CR I have "disputed information" on the TL.

What should i do?  I never disputed anything!

Any thoughts?

"just trying to get my credit up..."
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: DISPUTE?

Technically, if you told them you don't agree with their reporting, that is a dispute and they can report it.

You would need to call them and ask them to remove the comment.

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Reporting by a furnisher that the consumer has filed a "dispute" over accuracy of credit reporting is defined as a  dispute under the FCRA.

If their interpretation resulted from communications with them, then they must be considering it as a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).

As such, they have a statutory obligation under that section to conclude the direct "dispute" within 30 days of receipt, report the results to you, and report termination of the dispute to the CRA.

It is unfortunate if your complaint was not intended as a formal dispute, but by reporting it as such, they have a statutory obligation to update that reporting by promptly notifying the CRA of its conclusion.  If you dont receive a notice of results of their investigation within 30 days, they are in violation of section 623(a)(8).

They cant consider it as a formal dispute, and then fail to timely conclude it.

Message 3 of 5
eastexascout
Regular Contributor

BUMP - for more input....

"just trying to get my credit up..."
Message 4 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

What else do you need to know?

In essence, you did dispute so they can mark it as a dispute.  If you don't want that, call them and ask them to remove it.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.