Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DIsputing Methods.....................

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DIsputing Methods.....................

How do you guys dispute negative information on your credit report? by phone, mail or online? I did a dispute online with Exp and already, just 4 days later 2 has been "updated" i'm starting to regret i intitated my dispute online. Any advice would be appreciated.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DIsputing Methods.....................

Everyone has different expereinces.. I have been doing mine online.

I gotten over 15+ removed off mine.

Message 2 of 5
mo6579
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you guys dispute negative information on your credit report? by phone, mail or online? I did a dispute online with Exp and already, just 4 days later 2 has been "updated" i'm starting to regret i intitated my dispute online. Any advice would be appreciated.

I always dispute online when possible to make the process as fast a possible. No mailing delay to get dispute to them, no delay to get dispute inputed, no delay to mail results to me.

My OPINION is that even if you mail in the dispute, they will have someone sitting at a computer input the data and check the correct box as if you did it online. Same thing on the phone. Some people feel a paper trail is important, but unless you are planning on filing a federal lawsuit against a major corporation (the CRAs), it doesn't matter. Might as well put the info in yourself and expedite the whole process. I'm sure that even if you mail a dispute, nobody is reading it, and it is mearly getting thrown into the computer and passed through e-oscar via their pre-determined dispute categories.

Current Fico08 TU:654 EX:641 EQ:650 (01/31/2015)
Current Fico04 TU:??? EX:695 EQ:675 (01/31/2015)
03/2013 - TU:567 EX:490 EQ:540
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mo6579 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I always dispute online when possible to make the process as fast a possible. No mailing delay to get dispute to them, no delay to get dispute inputed, no delay to mail results to me.

My OPINION is that even if you mail in the dispute, they will have someone sitting at a computer input the data and check the correct box as if you did it online. Same thing on the phone. Some people feel a paper trail is important, but unless you are planning on filing a federal lawsuit against a major corporation (the CRAs), it doesn't matter. Might as well put the info in yourself and expedite the whole process. I'm sure that even if you mail a dispute, nobody is reading it, and it is mearly getting thrown into the computer and passed through e-oscar via their pre-determined dispute categories.

I agree, might as well do it online.

Message 4 of 5
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

What are your reasons for disputing? If it's your debt that's probably why its coming back verified. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.