cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD QUESTION.....this one's deep FICO Gurus!!

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: DOFD QUESTION.....this one's deep FICO Gurus!!

Message 11 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

From EQ website:

Accounts not paid as agreed generally remain on your credit file for 7 years from the date the account first became past due leading to the current not paid status.

Message 12 of 18
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

my part of my credit report came from my EX credit report that I got from this site recently.  The quote about the DOFD was from the EX website...  I wonder where Juan is from......?

Starting Score:
11/11/12 BEGIN REBUILD myFICO 584

11/11/13 ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY!! myFICO 705
Message 13 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

@signguy17 wrote:

my part of my credit report came from my EX credit report that I got from this site recently.  The quote about the DOFD was from the EX website...  I wonder where Juan is from......?

Well, you said EQ lol:

I just chatted with Juan with Equifax and he said that it goes by my last payment which was Oct '09 and that it would not fall off until then..........bummed

Message 14 of 18
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I chatted with Equifax because I knew they had a chatline.  The report I had that I was using was from Experian because that was the most recent report I had bought.  I also have an acct with www.eliminateidtheft.com and I get a credit report every 24 hours and it showed the same dates. 

Starting Score:

Message 15 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Like I said, most CSRs don't know.  And actually EQ gives conflicting information.  In one place they said the DoLA determined the fall off date, the one I posted said the DoFD. 

If you get a report directly from EQ it will actually show the DoFD.  TU and EX have removal dates but those have to come from the CRAs or ACR.

Message 16 of 18
signguy17
Frequent Contributor

I just found my credit report I pulled back in Nov '12 when I started this journey.  The Equifax report clearly shows the DOFD as 2/2009.  This is how my report shows:

Year     Jan   Feb   Mar   Apr   May   Jun   Jul   Aug   Sep   Oct   Nov   Dec

2009       *      30     60     90    120     60   180  180    180   180

2008       *      30     60      *        *        *       *      *        30     60     90     30

2007       *      30      *        *       *        30    *       *         *        *      30       *

2006       *        *      30     30     *          *      *      *         *        *      30       *

2005                                                                                                          *

It says:

Date Opened:                         12/2005

Date Closed:                           11/2008

Date of First Delinquency:       02/2009

Date of Last Payment:            10/2009

How can my DOFD be 2/09 if I was late 5 months prior?  How can the Date Closed be 11/08 when the last payment (which was a settlement) was not until 10/2009?  Are these mistakes?  Are they enough to have the timeline removed?  Can I even ask a CRA to do that?

Starting Score:

Message 17 of 18
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Unless you did catch up the account the DoFD should be 2006.  It seems to imply you did catch the account up to current,  You were only 30 days late in Nov 2006 then made 6 months of ontime payments.  On an off over the years you were 30 and 60 days late and appear to have caught up.  Then you were late again in Feb 2009 and never caught the account up before it was charged off or sent to collections.  That would make the DoFD 2/2009.

The account can be closed before you settled the account,

I would send a direct dispute to the OC questioning the DoFD and how they came about that.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.