Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD Question

I have a CO that is reporting on all three CB reports.  On Equifax it says Date Major Delinquency first reported 11/2005.  However on the date screen it shows my first 30 day late as May 2004.  60 days late in June 2004.  Looks like I got caught up in July  but 30 days late in Aug.  Now here is my question since I had a couple of months that I got caught up what is the date I should be looking for to have this drop off my reports?  In June of 2005 I fell behind and never recovered.  Oh yea on the listing of the report it shows Date of first delinquency 05/2005.  This does not jive with the listing of the 30 day late May 2004.  Help I am as confused as ever!  One last thing on my TU report it shows to come off 01/12.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DOFD Question

Ignore the Date of First Major Delinquency Date. It isn't the same as DOFD and has always been off for myself.

If you were first late in 2004 and did recover with a late here or there, and if you fell back again in 6/2005 and it never again recovered, then your DOFD is 6/2005, which is a month off EQ's in your favor. Now if you can prove that you never paid on time since 5/2004 and never paid on time after that and was never current, then you can fight it, but it would mean more lates being added.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOFD Question

thank you for the help

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.