Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD Question

tag
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

DOFD Question

Just need a clarification if anyone is willing to give one. 

I have several collections that were purchased  by the infamous Midland Credit Mgmt. ....  A few of the OC are reporting that the DOFD on is 2008...making next year the date these accounts should fall from my reports. The question I have...do the collection agencies have to remove their collection information at the same time as the OC? 

2nd question...if the the OC is reporting a different DOFD from the the CA...what course of action should I take in terms of a dispute?

I've disputed with the CRAs about Midland on more than one occassion based on incorrect information, but have only been successful in having 1 CA removed......Thank God ..it was my largest one!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DOFD Question

@Chrisla2077 wrote:

Just need a clarification if anyone is willing to give one. 

I have several collections that were purchased  by the infamous Midland Credit Mgmt. ....  A few of the OC are reporting that the DOFD on is 2008...making next year the date these accounts should fall from my reports. The question I have...do the collection agencies have to remove their collection information at the same time as the OC?  Yep, the CA cannot report any longer than the OC can its 7.5 yrs max from the DoFD.

2nd question...if the the OC is reporting a different DOFD from the the CA...what course of action should I take in terms of a dispute? The CAs open date is not the DoFD but if they are actually reporting a DoFD that is not equal to the OC you would dispute it with the OCs DoFD as evidence.

I've disputed with the CRAs about Midland on more than one occassion based on incorrect information, but have only been successful in having 1 CA removed......Thank God ..it was my largest one!

Message 2 of 3
Chrisla2077
Established Contributor

Re: DOFD Question

Thank you gdale! That's great to hear....I'm glad I will finally start making some headway next year!  I have many copies of collection reports with the OCs DOFD showing earlier than the CAs DOFD. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.