cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD dispute or ?

tag
felyndr

DOFD dispute or ?

I had major mortgage problems few years back, refinanced and change my habits to rebuild and live within my means ...on my EQ & TU still are reporting my mortgage like below

30 days late

3 times (Feb 2006, Jan 2006, Sep 2005)

60 days late

2 times (Dec 2005, Oct 2005)

90+ days late

1 time (Nov 2005)

is the DOFD 9/2005, because it was earliest date and shouldn't this drop 7 years after ie now? or will each month moving forward drop a late reporting for each month? is this one big baddies because it is consecutive months?and reality how much is this hurting only baddie on rmy eport? thanks ....EX already dropped all of the above

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DOFD dispute or ?

Actually the DOFD doesn't actually come in to play on this as it is not a charge off.  The lates will fall off 7 years from their respected dates.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DOFD dispute or ?

+1

DOFD has only one purpose in credit reporting..... it's needed by the CRAs to calculate the exclusion date of a reported collection or charge-off.

It has no relevance to the exclusion date of any monthly delinquency.

Additionally, DOFD is not necessarily your date of first account delinquency.  It is the date of the first delinquency in the most recent chain of account delinquencies that immediately preceded a reported collection or charge-off.  Accounts with a prior first delinquency have their DOFD reset once the account is brought back into good-standing, and a new chain of delinquency begins.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.