Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD for collections item

tag
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

DOFD for collections item

How do I find the DOFD on a credit report entry for a (paid) collections item?  This is a Midland collection related to a charged-off THD credit card.

On TransUnion, it reads placed for collections 9/4/2013, Estimated month and year this item will be removed: 01/2019

The estimated month and year the THD charge-off item is expected to be removed is 12/2018

Experian reads: placed for collections 9/2013; Date of status of 10/2013; and This account is scheduled to continue on record until Nov 2018

The THD item has Date of status 04/2013; Under the account history section, "charge off Aug 2013"--nothing about when it will fall off.

Equifax lists the DOFD as 02/2012.  It lists the THD charge-off as having a DOFD of 01/2012.

I'm a little confused as to whether Midland is reporting the DOFD correctly and whether the dates are consistent across the three credit bureaus.  Or if it even matters.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOFD for collections item

Considering this is a recent item, DoFD differing by a month from one CRA to the other is not really relevant - its STILL going to affect you for the next five years. I would start trying to negotiate a PFD if you can afford to pay it. Otherwise just let it sit until SOL is up. If you start making noise about it now you risk becoming a target.

Message 2 of 4
kmacqua
Regular Contributor

It's already paid.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well...you got the next five years to nag them to death for a GoodWill removal of it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.