Reply
Valued Member
WRodPSL
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎05-04-2008
0

DOFD inaccurate on Paid collection..

[ Edited ]

I have a medical collection that I paid in 2008 listed on all 3 reports...and all with different fall off dates and DOFD's. I disputed on all 3 reports a month after I paid in 2008 and they all came back verified. Time to give it another go. Being that it is so old, would it matter if I opened an online dispute or should I go with the conventional snail mail?   BTW, the DOFD SHOULD be 2006. They are reporting anywhere from 2006 to 2008 depending on which report I look at.

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed
Posts: 2,960
Registered: ‎02-09-2012
0

Re: DOFD inaccurate on Paid collection..

If you have proof, then I would make a copy of that proof and send it to the reporting CB(s)

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Valued Member
WRodPSL
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎05-04-2008
0

Re: DOFD inaccurate on Paid collection..

What would DOFD on medical collection be? 30 days after first bill, no?

Valued Contributor
Repo-ed
Posts: 2,960
Registered: ‎02-09-2012
0

Re: DOFD inaccurate on Paid collection..

That is my understanding, yes.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Valued Member
WRodPSL
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎05-04-2008
0

Re: DOFD inaccurate on Paid collection..

Thanks Repo-ed.  UPDATE: I found an EQ report from 2008 and the DOFD is listed as 9/2006. On my EQ report pulled this week, the DOFD is listed as 5/2007. If these come back verified, do I go after the CA for re-aging?  Also, my EX has no indication of DOFD, not even a "this account is scheduled to continue on record until...". Am I missing something on EX?

Regular Contributor
courtney091082
Posts: 244
Registered: ‎07-06-2007
0

Re: DOFD inaccurate on Paid collection..


WRodPSL wrote:

Thanks Repo-ed.  UPDATE: I found an EQ report from 2008 and the DOFD is listed as 9/2006. On my EQ report pulled this week, the DOFD is listed as 5/2007. If these come back verified, do I go after the CA for re-aging?  Also, my EX has no indication of DOFD, not even a "this account is scheduled to continue on record until...". Am I missing something on EX?



I think you can go directly to EQ with proof that your old report says 9/2006. Re-aging is so wrong :smileymad:

 

As far as EX yes that's what they show on theirs. I'm thinking that is usually at the 7 yr mark but it can really be on your report 7.5 yrs from DOFD. 

 

I hope you get that fixed ASAP! Good luck!

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Moderator
LIGHTNIN
Posts: 4,189
Registered: ‎03-24-2008
0

Re: DOFD inaccurate on Paid collection..

The way I understood, Medical DoFD is the date of medical service, because that's the date most medical providers, ask for payment. Was any payments made to the medical provider?

 

Re-aging thread...http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Reaging-Information/m-p/3682

 

Ex and TU will have the drop off dates,EQ report will show the actual DoFD, on the CR's you pull directly form the CRA's.

CR's from a third party will not have, all of this info on them.

Where did you get your EX CR  from?


FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Valued Member
WRodPSL
Posts: 33
Registered: ‎05-04-2008
0

Re: DOFD inaccurate on Paid collection..

[ Edited ]

LIGHTNIN wrote:

The way I understood, Medical DoFD is the date of medical service, because that's the date most medical providers, ask for payment. Was any payments made to the medical provider?

 

Re-aging thread...http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Reaging-Information/m-p/3682

 

Ex and TU will have the drop off dates,EQ report will show the actual DoFD, on the CR's you pull directly form the CRA's.

CR's from a third party will not have, all of this info on them.

Where did you get your EX CR  from?




The date of the service was 9/2006 (I have original bills). I did pay the OC over the phone over a year later, if I remember correctly, but I have no record of it. I bought my EX directly from their website ($10). The collection shows paid,closed. Where other accounts show the drop off date in "Status Details", this one only shows "This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Nov 2008".  Should I dispute with the 3 CRA's based on incorrect DOFD? 

Mega Contributor
RobertEG
Posts: 18,503
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
0

Re: DOFD inaccurate on Paid collection..

What are you using, in your disputes, as evidence of inaccurate reporting of DOFD, and of who reported it?

 

FCRA 623(a)(5) requires any party furnishing information to a CRA regardling an account that has either been charged-off or placed for collection to report the DOFD on the OC account to the CRA within 90 days of their reporting of the information.  If the OC account appears in your CR, they must have reported a DOFD.  Once a debt collector reports, they must also provide the DOFD.  The OC, of course, uses their own account records to determine DOFD.  A debt collector cannot do that, so section 623(a)(5) prescribes a set of procedures requiring the debt collector to obtain or attempt to obtain the DOFD from the OC.

 

Who reported what, and the procedures they used in that reporting, are all a part of establishing the inaccurate reporting of a DOFD. 

 

One way, without considering all of the procedures, is to look at the two absolute reporting requirements for a debt collector.  If they did not follow either of these two procedures, their reported DOFD is clearly, on its face, not in compliance with the FCRA.

The first absolute requirement is that if the OC ever reported a DOFD, the debt collector has no option.  They must report that same date.

The second absolute requirement is that a debt collector can never report a DOFD that is later than the date the OC first placed the debt for collection.

 

If your CR establishes either of those two facts, then debt collector non-compliance with section 623(a)(5) is evident from those facts.

 

If you ever want factual evidence of who reported what and when, you can get that info from the CRA by filing a request under FCRA 609(a)(1) and (2).

Frequent Contributor
Lois5669
Posts: 342
Registered: ‎02-10-2012
0

Re: DOFD inaccurate on Paid collection..


WRodPSL wrote:

LIGHTNIN wrote:

The way I understood, Medical DoFD is the date of medical service, because that's the date most medical providers, ask for payment. Was any payments made to the medical provider?

 

Re-aging thread...http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Reaging-Information/m-p/3682

 

Ex and TU will have the drop off dates,EQ report will show the actual DoFD, on the CR's you pull directly form the CRA's.

CR's from a third party will not have, all of this info on them.

Where did you get your EX CR  from?




The date of the service was 9/2006 (I have original bills). I did pay the OC over the phone over a year later, if I remember correctly, but I have no record of it. I bought my EX directly from their website ($10). The collection shows paid,closed. Where other accounts show the drop off date in "Status Details", this one only shows "This item was updated from our processing of your dispute in Nov 2008".  Should I dispute with the 3 CRA's based on incorrect DOFD? 


Is it possible that you made this payment in May or 2007? That might be why it has a DOFD of 5/2007 now instead of the original date of service..?


Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}