RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DOFD is wrong. Help me.

You can do either or both.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOFD is wrong. Help me.

I know this thread/post is all over the place.  I am desperately trying to figure out what my next course of action should be.  I spoke with my attorney this morning.  He said if they keep the collection on my report after 2/2016 I can sue.  But what happens until then?  I said I want to sue now for violations and I want to force them to revise the date.

I am going to send a 623 direct dispute.  Can I ...

• cc the FTC and CFPB on my letter?

• list the violations in my dispute?  For example, failure to send a dunning letter, willfull non-compliance.  I have a voice mail where the JDB says he has my dispute and if I don't call him back and pay, he will verify it.

• can I request a statement with a break down of fees?  I know this is not usually requested in a dispute.  They say I owe 2k, well, show me a statement.

My goal is to pressure the debt buyer to correct the DOFD.  Then I will request early deletion/exclusion. Although I dispute the balance, I am adding that in the dispute so this won't be dismissed as frivolous.

ONE LAST THING.  Can a JDB list the account as placed with collection agency/attorney?  They are NOT an attorney.

What are your thoughts?  Robert, I really want you to read my letter.

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.