Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD not reported

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD not reported

I'm sure that this question has been answered elsewhere, but I can't find exactly what I need so here goes: I have an old account that was charged off in Aug 2007.  The OC is reporting the DOFD correctly.  The problem arises here: AES transferred the account to TERI in Aug 2007.  Since then the account went to NCO who could not verify and eventually removed the collections from my reports.  Now a new collection agency is reporting and it looks like a new collection.  I had my scores way up from where I had begun and now this new agency has seriously dinged my scores as they are the only baddies in the last 2 years.  I cannot contact TERI directly (I am always routed to an answering machine and they never return calls or letters) and they never reported the account or sent me any letters, info, etc.  All I have to go by is the original reporting from AES and the prom note transfer to TERI in 2007.  How do I get these fixed so that they actually report as two years old and get my scores back up? I am currently trying to make payment arrangements but the dates have killed my scores in the meantime.  HELP!!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: DOFD not reported

Another contributor shared the success story of resolution.

What that person did -

1.  sent debt verification letter.

2.  no response in 40 days from the collection agency.

3.  the person then sent a letter/filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in the collection agency's state.

4.  the issue was resolved quickly and the collection agency told the BBB that they would remove the information from all 3 credit bureaus.

CLEVER contributor!!

Maybe that would work for you? 

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did DV and did not receive anything for two months.  I then disputed and Equifax removed immediately but EXP and TU are still investigating.  I contacted CA and demanded a removal and they lied and said the prom notes were sent that day (convenient) and sent me some prom note copies that were dated 5 days AFTER they said they had sent them.  I think its actually a junk debt and they are lying about being contracted.  My main concern is that the CRAs will verify and the date will still be new rather than the original DOFD.
Message 3 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

You can send a copy of the green card and a copy of the letter you sent them to the CRA and say they refuse to validate. (However, there is no time frame for them to respond to a DV, they just can not continue collection activity until they do).

You can also file complaints with the BBB in your state, the CAs state, your AG and the FTC.  Usually one of these will get their attention.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.