Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD on my accounts is not right!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD on my accounts is not right!

so I pulled my free annual credit report through equifax to find out that my creditors are all wron on DOFD.. for instance I had a forclosure in 9-2008 i haddent made a mtg pmt in over a year and a half plus had several 60 and 90 day lates prior to that but yet on the report it shows current all the way up to F. and that is what shows as DOFD.. what do I do about this?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DOFD on my accounts is not right!

I presume that the reporting at issue was made by the OC on delinquencies and ultimate forclosure of their account.

If they never charged-off the debt or referred it for collection, they have no obligation to even report a DOFD to the CRA.

DOFD has no significance other than calculating the date of exclusion of either a reported charge-off or collection.  So even if a DOFD was reported, I am uncertain of its relevancy.

As for "showing" of a reported DOFD, are you certain that whatever date or reporting you are seeing was actually a reported DOFD, or was it of other information?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOFD on my accounts is not right!

on the equifax report it clearly states date of first delinquincy...  

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.