Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOFD-reset?!?!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOFD-reset?!?!

I had GMAC auto lease with a date of first delinquency February 2009. It had a balance of $3300 until November of last year because I paid it off in 3 payments to obtain a mortgage loan. Now Experian is saying it will not drop off my file until 2022. Is that correct? Why would it change the DOFD if it was charged off. The collection agency collected on their behalf but the account was never sold off. Does that impact it also?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOFD-reset?!?!

@Anonymous wrote:
I had GMAC auto lease with a date of first delinquency February 2009. It had a balance of $3300 until November of last year because I paid it off in 3 payments to obtain a mortgage loan. Now Experian is saying it will not drop off my file until 2022. Is that correct? Why would it change the DOFD if it was charged off. The collection agency collected on their behalf but the account was never sold off. Does that impact it also?

No, paying it does not reset anything. Dispute it with experian as having an incorrect DoFD. If you have copies of earlier reports showing the earlier drop date, include them in your dispute.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.