cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOLA is "N/A" for almost all accounts?? Otherwise it's the same as date reported - is that reaging?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOLA is "N/A" for almost all accounts?? Otherwise it's the same as date reported - is that reaging?

Hi everyone - 

I'm new to the forums and have gone through all of the suggested stickies, etc and am learning a lot (which is good because I have a lot of work to do to clean up my credit...)

I have a lot of negative items on my credit report - charged off credit cards who then sold the debt to collection agencies which also report (and in some cases who then sold the debt to another CA who ALSO reports the negatives!)

1)  My Equifax credit report purchased from here, in almost all cases, has "N/A" listed as the DOLA.  Is this considered "Incomplete Information" that should be disputed with the consumer reporting agencies?  How can I guesstimate when items will start to have less of an effect on my score (and of course, when they're going to fall off my report) with no DOLA?

2)  The section for "Collections" in the report does not even have a section for DOLA - how can one tell when those are supposed to fall off one's account?

3)  I haven't made any payments (other than in some settlement situations) in over 2 years to my cards (fell on very hard times - medical problems, business went under, PTSD from an abusive marriage, etc etc and am still pulling myself out of it all), yet the few accounts that do show a DOLA show the same date as "Date Reported" -- is this considered illegal reaging since there hasn't been any activity in 2+ years?

Much thanks in advance to anyone for any help you can provide!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DOLA is "N/A" for almost all accounts?? Otherwise it's the same as date reported - is

DOLA is almost always irrelevant.  Each item has a date reported, and DOLA is only the last action reported.

N/A means they did not include it.  A lot of work involved in junking up credit reports by considering the date of everything reported by a party, and then isolating their last reporting.  Relevant dates under the FCRA are based on the type of reporting, not whether they were the date of last activity.

Kinda a waste of time to dispute the date that someone last reported something. 

If a DOLA pertains to specific reporting of a date, and that date is inaccurate, the dispute would be of the accuracy of that item, not of what was the last item.

Message 2 of 4
Leadberry
Established Contributor

Re: DOLA is "N/A" for almost all accounts?? Otherwise it's the same as date reported - is

I think you're getting DOLA confused with DOFD.  Date of First Delinquency is the one that determines how long something stays on your report.  Smiley Tongue

FICO Scores 800+
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Leadberry wrote:

I think you're getting DOLA confused with DOFD.  Date of First Delinquency is the one that determines how long something stays on your report.  Smiley Tongue

Interesting...  I'd gotten DOLA as the date for how long something stays on your report from the sticky on illegal reaging.  Thanks for helping clear that up!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.