cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOLA issue on closed account

tag
yamiman

DOLA issue on closed account

I just got a scorewatch alert and found out my score dropped 12 points! Why on earth would the creditor update the DOLA all of a sudden? I have not talked to them in over two years. I did however apply for a mortgage, would this be why they would update out of the middle of no where?

Account opened: 12/2005

Description:Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance Credit card Amount in H/C column is credit limit
 Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$0 
Past due:$0$0
Last activity:2/1/201111/1/2009
Description:Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance Account closed by credit grantor Amount in H/C column is credit limit Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance Credit card Amount in H/C column is credit limit
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: DOLA issue on closed account

@yamiman wrote:

I just got a scorewatch alert and found out my score dropped 12 points! Why on earth would the creditor update the DOLA all of a sudden? I have not talked to them in over two years. I did however apply for a mortgage, would this be why they would update out of the middle of no where?

Account opened: 12/2005

Description:Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance Credit card Amount in H/C column is credit limit
 Previously reportedNewly reported
Balance:$0 
Past due:$0$0
Last activity:2/1/201111/1/2009
Description:Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance Account closed by credit grantor Amount in H/C column is credit limit Closed or Paid Account/Zero Balance Credit card Amount in H/C column is credit limit

Possibly;  but that didn't cause your score to drop. The likely reason for your score to drop was the inqs for your mortgage application..

who knows why they updated the DOLA, but it does not impact the scoring.

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DOLA issue on closed account

+1

"Updates" can vary from a simple re-reporting of current status with no changes to making changes in specific items.

Being a closed, paid account, nothing of scoring significance was apparently involved.

It does appear that their update may, however, have been beneficial, as they apparently deleted the "closed by credit grantor" special comment.

That comment may be viewed negatively upon a manual review, implying some sort of account trouble. 

It looks beneficial to me.....

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.