Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DOLA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DOLA

I just pulled my credit report from transunion.com   my fico scores are Trans 498 exp 498 and eqiufax 509.  I am now going through my report checking any discrepancies.  Most of the items on my report and old 4-7 years.  From the reading forum I understand that some items fall off after  7 years.  Do I look for the DOLA date?  The only dates I see listed are date opened and date reported.  The date reported dates are all pretty recent but I know I haven't touched or made arrangements on any of those accounts for years.  My question is do I look at the date reported or date reported?  Thank you. 
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DOLA

Good question one I am also curious of the answer. I know accounts drop off after 7 years but not sure myself if it is Date Opened or DOLA.
Message 2 of 14
Iwillobtaingreatcredit
Valued Member

Hello wrknhrdr,

First let me say if you didn't pull your scores from myfico.com you are looking at fako scores. You can only purchase TU and EQ, EX stop selling scores to consumers on or about 2/09.  On TU will show the date of removal and EQ only shows DOFD.  Hope this helps

Message Edited by Iwillobtaingreatcredit on 09-20-2009 10:29 PM
MYFico
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.  That helps.  
Message 4 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Lates fall off 7 years from occurance. Once the TL becomes positive it may remain on your report until 10 years from DOLA.

CO's fall off 7 years from DOFD.

CA's fall off 7.5 years from DOFD.

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok still new at this what is DOFD?
Message 6 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

DOFD = Date Of First Delinquency
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for that clarification but I have one more question. For example say that I had a chase card that had a 30 day late in March of 2002 and then a 30 day late in December 02, 60 in Jan 03, 90 in Feb 03, 120 in March 03, 150 in April 03, and then CO in May 03. Does it disappear in March 2009 7 years after first account delinquency or Dec 2009 7 years from First delinquency that led to the CO?
Message 8 of 14
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

The DOFD is the date of the first 30-day late in the last set of lates before the charge off.

One you become current you are no longer delinquent!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of this seems really complicated!  I am however committed to understanding how credit works!  I'm sure I'll be posting many more questions.  
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.