Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DON'T WANT A COLLECTION TO HIT MY CREDIT REPORT. WHAT DO I DO?????? PLEASE HELP

tag
tryin_to_make_it
Contributor

DON'T WANT A COLLECTION TO HIT MY CREDIT REPORT. WHAT DO I DO?????? PLEASE HELP

i cancelled my motorcycle insurance with progressive back in October when it started getting cold.  i had a balance of $134 that i was aware of but i just forgot to pay it.  Progressive sent that balance to a collection company (NCO Financial Systems) on 12/28/2010. NCO called me on 12/3/2011 and left a message. i did not contact NCO back. instead i called progressive today 1/4/2011 and paid them. Progressive said that they will contact NCO on friday and let them know i paid.  My question is... should i contact NCO and let them know i paid Progressive so they won'thave time to report it to the credit bureau or should i just wait and let Progressive handle it?  Is me contacting NCO at all a good idea since i have paid Progressive or can NCO technically still report since Progressive did turn the balance over to them?

Starting Score: EQ-556, TU-614
Current Score: EQ-718, TU-768, EX-739
Goal Score: EQ-800, TU-800, EX-800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: DON'T WANT A COLLECTION TO HIT MY CREDIT REPORT. WHAT DO I DO?????? PLEASE HELP

@tryin_to_make_it wrote:

i cancelled my motorcycle insurance with progressive back in October when it started getting cold.  i had a balance of $134 that i was aware of but i just forgot to pay it.  Progressive sent that balance to a collection company (NCO Financial Systems) on 12/28/2010. NCO called me on 12/3/2011 and left a message. i did not contact NCO back. instead i called progressive today 1/4/2011 and paid them. Progressive said that they will contact NCO on friday and let them know i paid.  My question is... should i contact NCO and let them know i paid Progressive so they won'thave time to report it to the credit bureau or should i just wait and let Progressive handle it?  Is me contacting NCO at all a good idea since i have paid Progressive or can NCO technically still report since Progressive did turn the balance over to them?

NCO can technically still report accurate information. I would give Progressive 30-60 days to recall the debt since it is now paid and see if anything is updated on your reports. 

There have been many successful PFD's with NCO when they are collecting on behalf of the OC. Even though you paid the OC hopefully you will have the same success. Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.