Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DUH!!!

tag
CanOnlyGetBetter
New Contributor

DUH!!!

So I've been on the boards for about 15 months now.  My progress in bring up my score has been slow but I am definitely making progress thanks to the help of all of you.

The reason for my post is simple.  LOOK AT EVERYTHING!!

My scores have been in neutral for about 4 months - very frustrating considering that I have had a lot of medical collection accounts deleted and several accounts have dropped off.  Two weeks ago I ran my reports and the score was still the same.  UGHHH!!  Then I noticed that my reports were indicating a 56% utilization.  WHAT???!!!!

I have a piddly little credit card with a $200 limit (isn't that disgusting?) and I would pay it off every two weeks on payday.  Somehow, I kept managing to get the balance of about $100 reported.  So I paid it off and let it set for two weeks.  I just ran my reports and my TU score jumped 35 points!!!  I'm so excited!

My point is, I've been reading and completely understand the concept of unitilization.  However, I was so engrossed in getting my collection accounts deleted that I completely overlooked my util - and it was right there staring me in the face for months!  DUH!

Starting Score: TU: 606 EQ: 600
Current Score: TU: 658 EQ: 661
2011 Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: DUH!!!

CanOnlyGetBetter wrote:  However, I was so engrossed in getting my collection accounts deleted that I completely overlooked my util - and it was right there staring me in the face for months!  DUH!

And now you know.   Pass it on!  Smiley Happy

P.S.  Congrats on the improved scores, too!  Good job.

Message 2 of 4
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

We have all had one of those moments from time to time!  Trust me!  Smiley Very Happy

149i3053AE9172533915

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@BungalowMo wrote:

We have all had one of those moments from time to time!  Trust me!  Smiley Very Happy

149i3053AE9172533915

I seem to have several of those a day.  Smiley Sad

From a BK years ago to:
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802
3/10 EQ- 800
6/10 TU -772

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.