cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV - 30 days later (Midland Collections)

tag
aman31
New Contributor

DV - 30 days later (Midland Collections)

I sent a DV letter to Midland Collections via CRMM. It has now been 30 days and I didn't receive a response. It was a very simple letter that I mailed, only a sentence or two. Not the example with all the legal talk. What is my next step?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: DV - 30 days later (Midland Collections)

Are they still attempting to collect on the debt or have they temporarily ceased?
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 4
aman31
New Contributor

@Chopbrocoli wrote:
Are they still attempting to collect on the debt or have they temporarily ceased?

I believe they are still attempting to collect the debt. I've only received one letter from them. This was from disputing thru the credit bureau initally. It said something like the dispute was correct, but we will take settlement. This was maybe 2 months ago.

And the most important part: It is still showing my credit report.

Message Edited by aman31 on 08-14-2009 10:08 AM
Message 3 of 4
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Hmm, by any chance did that letter have the name of the OC and their contact information? If not, and if they are calling you, I would sent out a 2nd stern letter requesting verification. If they are still calling after refusing to provide verification, then I would file a complaint to the BBB. Btw, is the debt yours?
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.