Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Letter response received from old CO account

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV Letter response received from old CO account

Was from a JC Penney card that was severely past due. I requested a full validation from GE Money Bank, and received only statements from 8-2004 to 7-2005 when the account was listed as past due (and closed, I guess).

Account was listed as opened in 1999. Account history shows delinquency from 8-2004 until it was charged off.

What is my next course of action? It is already past SOL going by DOFD, last payment was made in Jan 2005, so going by that date as DOLA, then SOL would end in a couple of months.

Balance is about 1400, which includes a lot of late fees and all that kind of stuff. OC no longer owns the account. What are my options, if any?

Thanks for the help
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV Letter response received from old CO account

Sprinty2 wrote:
Was from a JC Penney card that was severely past due. I requested a full validation from GE Money Bank, and received only statements from 8-2004 to 7-2005 when the account was listed as past due (and closed, I guess).

Account was listed as opened in 1999. Account history shows delinquency from 8-2004 until it was charged off.

What is my next course of action? It is already past SOL going by DOFD, last payment was made in Jan 2005, so going by that date as DOLA, then SOL would end in a couple of months.

Balance is about 1400, which includes a lot of late fees and all that kind of stuff. OC no longer owns the account. What are my options, if any?

Thanks for the help

If you are still within SOL...I would not even breath on this!!!!  If whoever bought this debt  is reporting or starts reporting leave it alone until past SOL  unless they file a lawsuit! If SOL is up soon

What is your SOL?  count the years from DOLA 1/2005 (because most states restart SOL with payment)

The 1999 will help your history....the CO hurts. Most OCs (CCC) will not delete, you have to wait until is falls. Usually the OC doesn't update after it has been sold. Do not dispute this or it will update!  If DOFD is 8/2004   it should drop no later then the last day of 8/2011

Are you sure that your SOL is 4 years?  If so you will be past SOL Jan,31, 2009
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.