Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Letters

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV Letters

Do I need to start with DV letters for the collections on CR first?  I am a bit confused.  

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DV Letters

No, you are never required to send a request for debt validation.

Sometimes, it can be detrimental.

First and foremost, do you contest the debt, or is it legit?

Second, do you wish to initiate negotiations for payment of the debt?

Third, how old is the debt, meaning when did you first become delinquent on the debt?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV Letters

The only thing I'm currently contesting is a collection from TMobile on my husband's report.  The dates listed on the report are wrong.  It has 2013 listed and there is no way we had T-Mobile then.  T-Mobile doesn't even have service in the area where we live.  There was an Entergy bill in my name that I"m pretty sure my mother opened. Entergy is sending me a form to fill out and that shouldn't be a problem since I was living in VA at the time the account was opened.  My mother died in 2013 and she has a history of doing this prior so I'm sure she's the one that opened the account.   She left a $158 bill.  There's just so much out there and I'm a bit confused about what order to do things in.  

@RobertEG wrote:

No, you are never required to send a request for debt validation.

Sometimes, it can be detrimental.

First and foremost, do you contest the debt, or is it legit?

Second, do you wish to initiate negotiations for payment of the debt?

Third, how old is the debt, meaning when did you first become delinquent on the debt?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.