cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Question!!!

tag
hpfan10016

DV Question!!!

I have recently pulled my Equifax credit report and see a report from  Jefferson Capitol from two years ago. I am not entirely sure who they purchased this debt from and it shouldn't be mine.

I disputed with Equifax and it came back and it seems Jefferson Capitol validated it.

I want to send a DV letter to Jefferson Capitol but I'm not sure what information to include.

Here's my situation:

(1) I don't have the original account number as the last four numbers were blocked on the report.

(2) I don't want to put my SSN in the DV letter.

How are they going to remove it from my report if I don't have the acct # and I'm not putting my SSN in the letter?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV Question!!!

When sending a DV (always send CMRRR), it is OK to include some of your info like your name, your address, maybe a prior address if you moved, and their reference numbers as listed on your CR or in their letters to you. Do not include your SSN (IMO), the balance, the OC's name or OC account info (e.g. the OC's acct number), debt type, accounting, or other identifying info. It is their job to provide some of that info to you (based on the FDCPA); it isn't your job to give it to them.

If it is reporting, then you can pull your CRs (get it from annualcreditreport) and the CA (not the OC!) should be listing their account number. They can pull your history off your name and address alone.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.