Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Response

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV Response

in the complaints to the AGs, BBB and FTC, you state you tried to obtain validation per FDCPA 809 and the CAs have not responded but continued collection activity past the 30 days window.

in the ITS, basically the same, you notify them of violation of the FDCPA 809 and give them one week to stop collection activity - after that date you will consider them in willfull violation, demand $1,000 statutory file per violation, and file suit without further notice.

Message 11 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, so I've been looking around everywhere to see what percentage I should offer in the PFD letter. I've seen 40% and 80%. I really want to get this thing sent off ASAP, and I really don't want to send them a percentage that they won't agree to...meaning I'd have to send another letter. lol The account is from 2003 and is around $800. I don't know if the age of an account has any influence as to what amount would be accepted. Of course if this was my only debt I'd offer to PIF for deletion, BUT I have others so I want to be able to pay those also within in the year. I do keep in mind that this is a process and you may have to go back and forth with them until you reach a resolution. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I'm tired of being in the 500s! Smiley Sad
Message 12 of 28
ars432s
Valued Member

Just for an update on the original post, it's been almost a month since Arrow confirmed the receipt of my DV letter. I checked my CR this morning and noticed that they deleted the account from every CRA except EQ. So I bought todays score from TU and it increased 26 points. This is really my first victory in my long battle with credit.
Message 13 of 28
upinflagstaff
Frequent Contributor

It is an awesome feeling when something gets removed Smiley Happy Make sure that you keep a copy of these reports that show this collection gone.
Message 14 of 28
Chanduwar
Frequent Contributor

Whom should you send a ITS letter to? CA or CRA?

Chanduwar

Message 15 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Chanduwar wrote:

Whom should you send a ITS letter to? CA or CRA?

Chanduwar

to the CA.

Message 16 of 28
ars432s
Valued Member

Since Arrow could not validate the debt and took the account off my CR, is there anything I can do with the OC to try and get them off the report also?
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

WHAT do you mean they dont have to respond? I found a debt on my report for Verizon for 361.00 I called them regarding it. The gentleman on the phone coulod find no information on this debt. he told me I would have to dispute the account with the CB. Well I was like Ok fine let me cover my bases and sent a DV CMRRR to Verizon first. Now ya tell me it was a waste?
Message 18 of 28
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I think the CA has correctly stated the law.  There is not period under the FDCPA for a CA to respond to a DV letter.  They must only desist collection activity until such time as they choose to validate.

If you seek action regarding your credit report, the path to take is not a DV letter, but rather a dispute under section 611(a) of the FCRA, provided you dispute all or a portion of the debt.

Message 19 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I sent off the letters to the CRA's in reference to the two DV's I sent out that got no response. So I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all ends well. I used the example letter that was in one of the posts, I believe by sidewinder. I checked my credit report again this morning before sending them off just to see if any were close to falling off. The one account that I sent a DV to and got a response is about to fall off in 2010, so I'm not sure whether to go ahead and send a PFD or wait it out. My better half and I are planning to start looking for a bigger house this year, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated on what I should do. Also, I've asked this question in another post, but got no response, so I'll try again. I have two accounts, one being a hospital bill and the other an ambulance bill, both obtained on account of domestic situation caused by my ex. Technically, yes they are mine, but if it weren't for his actions, I wouldn't have incurred these bills. He is spending 12 yrs hard time for this and was ordered by a judge to pay restitution, but no amount was set. My question is, should I contact my lawyer and see if he is liable (keep in mind he is still incarcerated) or should I just pay it off?
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.