Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV SUCCESS on the 1st Try!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV SUCCESS on the 1st Try!!!

Holy Moly! I sent this one out on Monday of this week and got the response already today. This was my very first try. I had no idea this could be so easy and fast!

The original text of my DV letter read simply:

"I pulled my credit bureau report, and I discovered that you claim I owe you a debt. Under FDCPA 809, send me validation of this debt. Please provide whatever evidence you have regarding the validity of this debt in writing. I do not want to receive any phone calls in response to this request."

The letter I got back reads:

"Please accept this letter as confirmation that we have requested that the above referenced account be removed from the Credit Reporting Agencies records."

WOW!!!

This account was a medical collections account placed with Gulf Coast Collections for over $1700. It was my largest collections account. It was past SOL and set to come off in November. I just figured I'd try and get it off sooner my CR. I was even willing to PFD just to get it off so I can move forward with a mortgage application, but I thought I'd DV first. Well look at that!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV SUCCESS on the 1st Try!!!

Grats, some CAs are easy to deal with others are not, age of the debt also matters, the older it is the less likely they can actually validate it. Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Congrats!

You might still chew on possibly paying via a settlement offer, particularly if a mortage is in your immedizte future.

With rare exception, CR exclusion, deletion, or expiration of SOL does not satisfy the debt.

If you app for a mortgage, you may still be asked to disclose any unpaid, deliqneunt debt, and may be required to satisfy that debt as a condition for any loan approval.

You may be able to satisfy the debt for pennies on the dollar now that they have discontinued their active collection, and thus remove any obligtion to disclose as an unpaid debt.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Congrats!

You might still chew on possibly paying via a settlement offer, particularly if a mortage is in your immedizte future.

With rare exception, CR exclusion, deletion, or expiration of SOL does not satisfy the debt.

If you app for a mortgage, you may still be asked to disclose any unpaid, deliqneunt debt, and may be required to satisfy that debt as a condition for any loan approval.

You may be able to satisfy the debt for pennies on the dollar now that they have discontinued their active collection, and thus remove any obligtion to disclose as an unpaid debt.

RobertEG: That's good to know. On that note, I have only recently begun tracking my credit. If I have other unpaid debt that has fallen off my CR, how do I track that down? I mean, I ignored my debt on purpose, and purposefully forgot about it. If there's still "zombie debt" out there, how do I find out what it is?

Everyone reading this: If you've applied for a mortgage recently, have you been asked to deal with old debt that's no longer on your credit report?

Thanks.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

When asked to disclose any unpaid, delinquent debt, if you might have debt that you no longer recall, then you could not disxloser it.

I would see no issue of lack of good faith disclosure on your part if you might have debt you dont recall.

It is debt that you clearly are aware of that carries obligation to disclose.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.