Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV Success with Cavalry Portfolio!!!

tag
rcolombe
Contributor

DV Success with Cavalry Portfolio!!!

Earlier this week I sent off DV emails to 4 CA's. I was also going to mail them, but i haven't had a chance to get to the post office. 

I logged into Transunion yesterday and pulled my daily report. I was surprised as hell to see Cavalry Portfolio had dropped off completely. This after I disputed and it came back meeting all regulations. 

This was for a $423 owed balance on a HSBC CC. 

I just wanted to thank the community here, because if it wasn't for this site, I wouldn't know what steps to take. All the info I needed I found here. From a good DV letter to the contact info. 

I just wanted to share my excitement and thanks.

Starting Score: EQ-563 TU-515 EX-578 VANTAGE-609 September 2013
Current Score: EQ-639 TU-627 EX-625 VANTAGE 662
Goal Score: 700 All Around

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Cynthia1123
Contributor

Re: DV Success with Cavalry Portfolio!!!

That's awesome, I have a few things on my report that are affecting me? How do I know who to DV?If I show you what I have can you help me out?

Thanks

Cynthia

My Fico Score :554 (07/26/13)
Goal:720

Message 2 of 20
rcolombe
Contributor

@Cynthia1123 wrote:

That's awesome, I have a few things on my report that are affecting me? How do I know who to DV?If I show you what I have can you help me out?

Thanks

Cynthia

I'm not as seasoned as other people on here and I don't have as much knowledge regarding this, but what I did was send a DV to every CA on my report. 

Message 3 of 20
Cynthia1123
Contributor

Thanks, I will try that.

My Fico Score :554 (07/26/13)
Goal:720

Message 4 of 20
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

I have a HSBC cc with Cavalry as well. I didn't have an email address so I mailed the DV.  They responded by saying they would investigate and contact me in 60 days. I'm waiting and haven't heard anything as of yet. I have score watch so hopefully if they delete, I'll get the alert.

Do you have any suggestions?

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 5 of 20
rcolombe
Contributor

I haven't seen any response from them, only just that the TL disapeared. Is there a chance it could still pop back up?

Message 6 of 20
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Yay @rcolombe!!!! Was it the email address that I PM'd you?? I don't know why they haven't responded to me Smiley Sad

If you used another e-mail, please PM me ASAP.....I want to be done with them before the end of the year! 

Again, Way to Go!!!!!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:

Message 7 of 20
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@rcolombe, is it outside SOL? Is it a paid collection? Is the OC still on your CR?

Message 8 of 20
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

@cynthia1123, I took the following steps to get a better picture before sending DV, PFD, or GW communications.

1. Get a current copy of ALL CR from annualcreditreport.com ...just make sure they are individual reports from each CRA vs. 3-in-1 from specific CRA or outside source.

2. Check and re-check for accuracy as some places don't report to all three CRAs

3. Make a list of derogatory accounts; organize them by type Public Record, Charge Off, Collections, Late Payments, etc.

4. Priioritize the list; Paid or Unpaid

5. Upaid derogatory accounts: start with the most recent first, send DV (don't call)

KEEP IN MIND, you may not want to impact your AAoA by asking for removal of all of your TL even if they are negative.....the age of the account will still average in and the negative impact will lower as it ages....so check the age of the account before you make removal requests.  

6. Paid derogatory accounts; start with the most recent first, send GW removal letters...send them and keep sending them

7. Verified Unpaid derogatory account; send PFD offer letters, pay those who agree in writing, pay the ones who refuse or wait until they age off (up to you)

8. After all of these are paid, GW, etc, check your CR again.....check for accurate reporting; if needed initiate dispute via CRA

9. Pay all of your positive TL on-time and try to keep on CC with a balance under 9%

10. Sit back, relax, watch your credit score improve, and PAY IT FORWARD.

Let me know if you want to see any of the letters that I used....I created a communication plan for myself, I am sending GW Removals for TLs and late payments bi-weekly. I think that I just need to find the right contact points for these accounts. 

Best wishes!!! We can do this!!!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 9 of 20
NibblesTreats
Frequent Contributor

Hey newmom, would you mind PM'ing me the letters that you have used?  Mine don't seem to be doing the trick so maybe if I try another approach that will help.  Thanks!!

Starting Score: TU 607, EX 606, EQ 611
Current Score: TU 675, EX 671, EQ 654 - FAKO scores TU 744, EX 735, EQ 728 - I wish these were my real scores!
Goal Score: 750 across the board. Simulator says 806 if I stay on track for 24 months
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.