Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV'd Midland - Got this response!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV'd Midland - Got this response!

@Veee wrote:

Well, I know what your going to say Smiley Sad  I wish I saw your comment before I left!

I called my local police and they told me they couldn't take it I had to go to the area where it happened.  When I got there the officer says "What did you come all the way down here for?"

I was then informed and she told me to call and complain to the Chief at my local police department because they never should have sent me down there.

Another situation on just plain old LAZY people.

Thanks for trying to steer me in the right direction!  It wasn't a wasted trip, my Dad lives down there so we visited for a while.

I hope a lawyer takes your case.   This is abominable what is happening to you.   You're not the criminal.   I don't know if the police are lazy or merely ignorant, though.

Does anyone else have advice for Veee on filing a police report?

Message 11 of 14
Veee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Veee wrote:

Well, I know what your going to say Smiley Sad  I wish I saw your comment before I left!

I called my local police and they told me they couldn't take it I had to go to the area where it happened.  When I got there the officer says "What did you come all the way down here for?"

I was then informed and she told me to call and complain to the Chief at my local police department because they never should have sent me down there.

Another situation on just plain old LAZY people.

Thanks for trying to steer me in the right direction!  It wasn't a wasted trip, my Dad lives down there so we visited for a while.

I hope a lawyer takes your case.   This is abominable what is happening to you.   You're not the criminal.   I don't know if the police are lazy or merely ignorant, though.

Does anyone else have advice for Veee on filing a police report?

I got it, sorry if I was misunderstood.  The police department where I use to live took the police report, they just said I didn't have to go all the way down to them to do it.  It's done and that's all that matters Smiley Happy

Myfico scores as of 11/12/08 TU 750 EX 722

MyFico scores as of 9/20/08 TU 638 EX 663 EQ 691
Message 12 of 14
Veee
Frequent Contributor

Okay, well, I'm all complained out!

BBB complaint filed and signed that stupid form

Police report is done

Complaint to FTC is done

Complaint to FL AG's office is done

Now what?

OC has been removed from EQ and EX

CA is still reporting to all 3

I so just want to call an attorney to just finish this process, I'm so wiped out from this - its consuming my world!

Message 13 of 14
Veee
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I understand.

I would go ahead and file a police report and ID theft affidavit and send it to the CRA and to Midland.

Sidewinder, I looked at that affidavit today - why would I send them that?  The stuff you fill out on that is EVERYTHING about you.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.