Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV'ed replied to what next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV'ed replied to what next?

After finding a unknown account on my recent credit report I sent a PFD to the company listed in the report stating that I would DV if they didn’t reply. After no reply I DV’ed them and received copies of bill’s from 1/04 – 7/04, all unpaid. The first copy of the bill has a past due balance of about 2 months. The total of repayment request is $305.91. The  DOFD is listed as May 1 2005 on my EQ file and not listed on the others (TU & EX). I examined the bills and find I owe the debt, but remember closing the account before moving to my present location in 3/04. Should I just repay the debt and take the collection hit until 5/2012?

Thanks for any help you can give

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV'ed replied to what next?

I am adding 2+2 and not getting 4 here.

They sent you bills from 2004, but state the DOFD is 2005?

Do you know when you stopped making payments?

Is SOL expired or can you PIF?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have never made a payment to this account. I belive the SOL is not expired but the dates on my credit report are list as:

TransUnion

Date Assigned 11/01/2004

Date Reported 01/04/2005

Date Last Active Not Reported

Experian

Date Assigned 11/01/2004

Date Reported Not Reported

Date Last Active Not Reported

Equifax

Date Assigned 11/01/2004

Date Reported 01/01/2005

Date Last Active 05/01/2004

Sorry if I have made a mistake in reading my report, the above information is copied directly from the three reports I obtained here.

Yes I have the ablitiy to PIF today.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You've never made a payment, so when was the first payment due? That would be your DOFD, which is what the 7 year reporting time goes from.

Is this site the only place you've gotten your reports?

If so, I suggest that you pull your free annual reports, as they come directly from the CRA and have much more information that other reports gotten elsewhere.

You need to know the actual DOFD, which is shown on your EQ report gotten directly from EQ and on your TU and EX reports it will show a removal date.

The CA is reporting on your reports, correct? Not the OC.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.