cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV even though debt is mine and after 30 days period?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV even though debt is mine and after 30 days period?

Should I DV a CA after the 30 day period (in this case, Portfolio Recovery Associates) even though the debt is mines and the OC Capital one told me that the account was sold to PRA. Should I still DV to make sure they are in fact owners of my account? The amount in question is for $1,068.39, but would DVing draw attention to me making a lawsuit more possible and leave no chance at a reduced settlement? I really want to settle this account and move on and start rebuilding my credit. They have called and left messages but I have not answered them. What should my next plan of action be, DV and then write a PFD with all communication through mail? Thank you for any advice!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: DV even though debt is mine and after 30 days period?

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thaks for the quick response that was what i was afraid of, should i go ahead and send them an PFD offer to settle the account through the mail or actually give them a call and see if i can get a lowered settlement ?

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

If it is still within SOL and you give them an offer and they refuse, they could sue you.  I would only offer them a PIF until SOL has passed.

Anything to do with a CA should be by mail only.  Never, ever talk to one.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I DV a CA after the 30 day period (in this case, Portfolio Recovery Associates) even though the debt is mines and the OC Capital one told me that the account was sold to PRA. Should I still DV to make sure they are in fact owners of my account? The amount in question is for $1,068.39, but would DVing draw attention to me making a lawsuit more possible and leave no chance at a reduced settlement? I really want to settle this account and move on and start rebuilding my credit. They have called and left messages but I have not answered them. What should my next plan of action be, DV and then write a PFD with all communication through mail? Thank you for any advice!

I think you answered your own question.  What's the dofd on the account ??... make sure you find that date and check your State's statute of limitation for legal action in regards to debt collection.

http://www.fair-debt-collection.com/SOL-by-State.html

http://www.creditcards.com/credit-card-news/credit-card-state-statute-limitations-1282.php

Don't wake the preverbial sleeping giant by dving them within the sol

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.