Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV from Equable Ascent

tag
justgetitdone
Valued Member

DV from Equable Ascent

Recently was served by Equable Ascent Financial/ and immediately sent a DV request.  They replied by sending several copies of Chase Credit card statements along with their letter requesting payment in full within 10 days.

I dont really remember that account with Chase.  No purchases were made on the statements they provided.  I think "Maybe" this was an old WAMU account that was purchased by Chase.

Last payment was made in 2011.  All of my accounts were paperless and on automatic payments.  My bank had to change my debit /checking account numbers do to a security issue.  I am thinking that is where all of this started.  I do not closely monitor the transactions on my accounts only the balance(my bad).  Plus, my mom was very sick and died in the same timeframe.  No excuses here, but just the situation I was dealing with. 

My question is:  are the copies of the Chase account statement validation that I now owe the money the Equable Ascent Financial?  What should have they given me to validate this debt?

I need to get resolved quickly as the magistrate date is approaching.  I dont want to go to court.  Only to get this resolved now!

I am willing to PFD (a % if possible) just to clear. I was hoping to request via email to expedite if anyone can provide contact information to Equable.

Thanks a bunch

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV from Equable Ascent

Seems they have sent you more than they actualy have to.  Some people try to go into great detail as to what they want for validation.  Ex: Original signed contract, statements, etc.  This is not necessary for a validation.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 6
justgetitdone
Valued Member

if they sent me enough to validate, do I have to worry if they are authorized to collect on this debt?

I would like to offer a PFD for a % of the debt.  They are telling me I owe more than what was shown on the most recent Chase statement from 2011.

I would even offer PIF for a delete just to resolve.  Would that be reasonable?

Please advise.

thx

Message 3 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I would definitely go for a PFD.   Even if you pay the debt it will still be listed as a derogatory on your account.  A PFD would eliminate the TL thus ensuring no negative impact on your CR.

July 2013 score:

Message 4 of 6
justgetitdone
Valued Member

Shogun - I really appreciate your prompt response to my questions.

should i start out offering a % of balance owed (what % would you suggest?) or go directly to pay in full for delete?

Is it possible to PVD via email assuming I can find one to expedite?

Either way I will have to pay to clear it as they plan to take me to court at end of month.  When I do ,should I send a personal check, money order or certified check or something?  if I do not send a personal check I will not have proof that they cashed it, correct?

Please advise.

Message 5 of 6
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

There is nothing wrong with trying to negotiate a PFD for a lesser amount.  Try it first, if no go, maybe they will offer a PFD for the whole amount.  It's worth a try.

July 2013 score:

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.