Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV'ing old CA ... and question about Utilization

tag
rycoop
New Contributor

DV'ing old CA ... and question about Utilization

Hi guys...

I have a few questions. My current score is 610 for Equifax. I have 2 old CO that are due to be off 6/2013. I called and spoke with a super nice lady on Friday (Orchard Bank CO department). I told her how badly I needed them off and she seems understanding but said she could do nothing, but put me on hold a few time. Who knows what will happen. However, I have 3 CA that I am DVing... I did just the simple one liner. What would come back to me as truly verified information? In addition, I owe 3342.00 in CC debt. I saw that if I paid off 3000.00 of it, my score could increase to 640-675. Do you think the simulator is correct? I'm really busting a$$ to clean this up, but I feel like I'm constantly under the thumb of old stuff... I cannot get it OFF MY REPORT. UGH.... SUGGESTIONS?? Anyone?? Thanks. Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DV'ing old CA ... and question about Utilization

By saying that it is an "old" collection, that implies to me that any DV at this point may not be timely.

Did they send you prior dunning notice? 

By sending a DV, you dont compel debt verification.  You compel the debt collector to cease collection on the debt until such time as  they choose to provide the requested verification.  However, the right to bar collection is only imposed if the DV is sent within 30-days of receipt of their dunning notice.

If untimely, they can simply ignore your DV and continue their business as usual.

If they do provide debt verification, they dont have to provide any supporting "proof" to document their verification.  They are only required under the statute to inform you that they have obtained verification, and inform you of the current amount of the asserted debt.  So you may only get their statement that they have obtained verification of the debt, and its current amount.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.