Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV'ing withing SOL

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV'ing withing SOL

I'm not sure exactly why we shouldnt DV within SOL, well I know why but how are we supposed to know who actually bought the debt and such?...In my case I had a repo back in '04 and am still within SOL but I got dunning letters from Wolpoff&Abramson and some law firm in Wisconsin Rausch Sturm Israel & Hornik, both trying to collect on the same debt and to top it off with way different balances, one's asking for $6200 (W&A) and the law firm is asking for $7400...I sent a DV anyway knowing that I could be sued for this but someone is double dipping...both claim they bought the debt from Palisades, well the law firm says they are collecting FOR Palisades...Palisades is the only one showing on my CR..W&A did a hard inquiry ...Thanx for this board I am more learned now and never throw my mail away without opening it!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV'ing withing SOL

by dving you they will have to prove to you that they bought the debt.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

AHASS786 wrote:
I'm not sure exactly why we shouldnt DV within SOL, well I know why but how are we supposed to know who actually bought the debt and such?...In my case I had a repo back in '04 and am still within SOL but I got dunning letters from Wolpoff&Abramson and some law firm in Wisconsin Rausch Sturm Israel & Hornik, both trying to collect on the same debt and to top it off with way different balances, one's asking for $6200 (W&A) and the law firm is asking for $7400...I sent a DV anyway knowing that I could be sued for this but someone is double dipping...both claim they bought the debt from Palisades, well the law firm says they are collecting FOR Palisades...Palisades is the only one showing on my CR..W&A did a hard inquiry ...Thanx for this board I am more learned now and never throw my mail away without opening it!!

Can you PIF or maybe negotiate something? If so, I'd try the OC first and see if they sold the debt.

If they have sold it, I'd contact Palisades next.
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Wolpoff & Abramson is BBBBBAAAAADDDD!!!!!!!!!!! Beware of them. I'd DV for the dunning letter, but quickly save for the full balance due. Watch out for their "extra" fees. Get EVERYTHING in writing. Don't ever call them. Also, watch out if you settle; they may sell the unpaid balance to another CA. Send everything to them CMRRR.

Speaking from experience here anyway. They are bad news. Hope I was clear.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Before you do anything....file a complaint  www.ftc.gov    also at your state AGs office and Palisades is in NJ  that AGs office ( they will be thrilled Bam & I both filed with them) ALSO  the AGs office in the states where the attornys are!

NEVER contact PALISADES   The will lie to your face!!!  Bam and I both won our lawsuits against them...they are BAD!

Be ready to hire an attorney!!!!

If you haven't sent a DV to Palisades  do so now  CMRRR

You want everything in writting form ALL of them  so be sure to DV everyone

Message Edited by HappyDays on 05-22-2008 08:04 PM
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.