Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV letter question

tag
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: DV letter question

I don't think there is.  It would be the CRAs system that shows the date reported AFAIK.  I'll have to do some checking.

Message 51 of 117
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I know credit karma is a FAKO score but I still use it to monitor changes and it showed up there the same time as it showed up on myFICO.  The letter they sent me was dated 10/02/2013 but must've waited 2 weeks to mail it.  Regardless I mailed out the DV and they signed for it 10/28/2013. When they reported it they said it was  placed for collections 09/01/2013 and reported 10/01/2013.  But it didn't show up until 11/01/2013.  It doesn't add up to me.  I know they can report before they send me the letter. But it still seems off...

Message 52 of 117
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 53 of 117
Shellie
Valued Contributor

That's why I asked if they can back date it.   What happens if they never validate?  How do I offer PFD or tackle this one?  Ideally I would like to handle it promptly in hopes that they would be more likely to remove it.

Message 54 of 117
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I went through the credit reporting manual and there is no clear area that says date reported.

There is one that talks about if it is a new customer, etc.  Anyway, from what I gathered, all of these get reported in batches from the creditor and they are all date stamped on the day they are sent electronically.

I did find that Metro 2 (the software used for reporting) format automatically makes an account for a new customer at the CRA and the CRA doesn't need to do anything manually.

Short version,  if they said they reported on 1 Oct 13 I would tend to believe they are not being truthful.

Message 55 of 117
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Any ideas on what options I may have from here?

Message 56 of 117
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Sue them.

Contact the CRA and ask them specifically when that account was reported and find out if it could take a month to show up. 

Message 57 of 117
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Eek! Suing sounds scary.  I don't have the money to get a lawyer or any of that tho.  I will call the CRA's and see about that posting date.

Message 58 of 117
Shokk
Established Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

Eek! Suing sounds scary.  I don't have the money to get a lawyer or any of that tho.  I will call the CRA's and see about that posting date.

Many consumer attorneys who go after CAs for violations do so at no charge to you.  They get paid by the CA if the case is won.  If they lose, the loss is on them and they eat the cost.  I think this is why many of them won't take a case unless they're pretty sure they can win it.

I have 2 pending cases now, and others they are looking into.  Hasn't cost me a dime, and it never will.  They even found violations I didn't know about.  Might be worth looking into.

I don't know my start scores, but low 500s. 6/2013

2/19/15
EQ FAKO - 638
EX FICO - 665
TU FICO - 697
Message 59 of 117
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I am on the phone with a rep from EQ and she says it was reported to them 10/30/2013.

Message 60 of 117
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.