Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV letter response...Whats next?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV letter response...Whats next?

I have a $1250.00 debt with Safetouch security. The CA is Accerlated Recivables  but the response from the DV was from Francine Clair Landau Attorney at Law.  Is that a scare tatic or has my debt been sold?

After I sent the DV they quickly replied with a copy of a contract that had been signed by me. What puzzled me is that I honestly don't believe that I owe Safetouch anything. I had to pay for everything upfront because I didnt get approved due to my credit for a month to month contract. I have bankstatements showing $1200 upon establishing the service which was equipment cost and 36 month monitering(special) I also have cancelled checks showing the $350 fees I had to pay to move the service. All this was sent along with a letter explaining my case. 

Anyone have any idea of what I can expect from the CA?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV letter response...Whats next?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have a $1250.00 debt with Safetouch security. The CA is Accerlated Recivables  but the response from the DV was from Francine Clair Landau Attorney at Law.  Is that a scare tatic or has my debt been sold?

After I sent the DV they quickly replied with a copy of a contract that had been signed by me. What puzzled me is that I honestly don't believe that I owe Safetouch anything. I had to pay for everything upfront because I didnt get approved due to my credit for a month to month contract. I have bankstatements showing $1200 upon establishing the service which was equipment cost and 36 month monitering(special) I also have cancelled checks showing the $350 fees I had to pay to move the service. All this was sent along with a letter explaining my case. 

Anyone have any idea of what I can expect from the CA?

I dont know about this CA, if you actually have proof that you paid all this then I would just file a CFPB or FTC complaint against them if they refuse to cancel it all.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: DV letter response...Whats next?

Thanks gdale6. I will give them  some time to respond and then I will send all the info over to the CFPB and then FTC. So far I only have them showing on TU the CO never reported to none of the agencies. Fingers crossed they will drop this off my file. 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.