cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV letter sent...no response & CR won't delete..HELP!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV letter sent...no response & CR won't delete..HELP!

I sent the DV letter to the CA and received no response after 30 days. I then sent the letter to Experian & Transunion and I just received letters from them both stating that they had previously verified this account(when I did the original online dispute) and that they can add a comment, but anything further I need to contact the CA. I don't know what to do now because I can not get anywhere with the CA either. HELP!!!!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV letter sent...no response & CR won't delete..HELP!

CAs have an unlimited time to respond to a DV (see the FDCPA), they just can't call or try to collect during that time. Some states do require a time limit like TX. YMMV.

While I disagree with the DV letters in here, some have reported success by sending a follow-up DV letter, often called as such or sometimes "DV#2". It is longer and more extensive. You'd have to search around for that, but many copies have been cited recently.
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree...I have RARELY see that tactic work...there is a lot of hoop around it...but I don't think it's 100%...but I'm about to try it myself next week...but I don't think the CRAs will just delete...the only true way to get a baddie removed...is if the company themselves request for it to be removed...or it falls off...
Message 3 of 11
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

What about a MOV re-investigation. I dont understand how a Collection agancy can say sure its their's but not send me original documentation???
I havent heard from two of my Collections after sending 2 dvs and no reponce.. its been 54 days I really hope that the CRAs will remove them!

Message Edited by Jesedmotherof5 on 06-10-2008 01:42 PM
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 4 of 11
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Who is the CA?

I have not gotten Arrow or Asset to validate with 2 DV's. Sent to the CRA and nada as yourself.

I just filed a complaint with the AG in MI and La as well as the BBB.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, as I was reading through some other posts I was thinking that would be my next move, but then I read this and it has me feeling very discouraged. According to this post if the CA won't delete then we have no way to get it cleared up?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is Prof Debt Mediators. They claim that I owe almost $4000 on an old rental property, but they can not tell me what it is for. We never received anything in writing from the original property management or this CA. We left the house cleaner and in better condition than when we moved in, so I know that they should not be billing us for any damages, etc. The fact that when I speak to them over the phone they state that they can not review the charges over the phone, but will mail me a copy (yet I never receive anything) is pretty fishy. Of course, they did not respond to the DV letter & now I am completely lost as to how to get this taken off.
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as the rental property...was there a lease???...and did you leave before the lease was up???...
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was a lease and we gave them 30 days notice that we were not renewing the lease and were moved out by the lease term. date. Lease was paid in full & keys were returned.
Message 9 of 11
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hi,

I had a company do that to me who said  I bounced a check to Bed bath and Beyond in 2001 (this was like 2 months ago). They threatened to have me arrested unless I paid them $300 and something dollars. I didn't think this was my debt but I couldn't be 100% sure, so I googled their name, found a number of reports on them about trying to collect fraudulent items or ones that are well beyond the SOL. I immediately filed complaints through the BBB and the Atorney Generals Office of both state I was in where they "say" they contacted me as well as the state they are located in. If they aren't responding and not sending you the information you are asking for you need a little more muscle behind your calls.

I am not sure if this would be the "correct" way to get them to respond, but the AG's office wrote to them and they ended up sending me a letter letting me know that it was an incorrect attempt at a collection and an appology.

Just another way to approach them..... it worked for me when I couldn't get the answers that I wanted.

Hope this helps!

Bridget
Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.