Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV letter?

tag
Yoli14
Regular Contributor

DV letter?

I plan on sending a DV letter to IC Systems but what account # do I put? It doesn't have a full acct# on my CR. Should I include my s.s instead?

Myfico on 02/21/12
Trans: 538 EQ: 591 Ex???
Myfico on 10/09/12
Trans: 600 EQ 602 EX???
Lender Pull 04/15/13
Trans 680, EQ 644, Ex 608
"I'm not telling you it is going to be easy, I'm telling you it's going to be worth it"
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Lois5669
Frequent Contributor

Re: DV letter?

No, don't give your SSN. Either just use the account number (partial as it looks on your CR) or get a CR directly from one of the CRAs...those usually show the whole account numbers. Third party pulls are formatted different and most of the time don't have the full account numbers and such.

With most of my DVs, I just put (example) 12345xxxx (this is all that shows on my credit report)...they all were able to respond to me and found the account.

ETA: If, by chance, they do come back and say they need more info to find your account, just give them the last 4 of your SSN..not the whole thing

Starting Score: EQ = 550; TU = 491(2/10/12)
Current Score: EQ = 669; TU = 674(6/20/14)
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: DV letter?

In most cases, the debt collector has sent a prior dunning notice.  If it is in your CR, they were required to have done so within 5 days of such reporting.

Dunning notice must advise you of how to DV.  I would use no more to identify the account than what they have provided to you.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.