Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV letters written in Haiku

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV letters written in Haiku

There are a lot of debt collectors out there who like to label the consumers that fight back at debtors who play games.

Okay.  Let's do that.  Let's see who can come up with a really good Haiku to send as DV.

Short and to the sweet letters should only be sent to collectors.  If they balk, keep it up.  They already know everything about the debtor, so if calling us debtors the kettles...

Haikus are normally 17-phrase poems, in three lines of 5-7-5 phrases.

Here is my contribution to start this off:

Entire debt is in dispute,
Contact via mail only, all calls inconvenient,
Arbitration elected, govern yourself accordingly.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Re: DV letters written in Haiku

@Anonymous wrote:

There are a lot of debt collectors out there who like to label the consumers that fight back at debtors who play games.

Okay.  Let's do that.  Let's see who can come up with a really good Haiku to send as DV.

Short and to the sweet letters should only be sent to collectors.  If they balk, keep it up.  They already know everything about the debtor, so if calling us debtors the kettles...

Haikus are normally 17-phrase poems, in three lines of 5-7-5 phrases.

Here is my contribution to start this off:

Entire debt is in dispute,
Contact via mail only, all calls inconvenient,
Arbitration elected, govern yourself accordingly.

I learn something every day. I always thought haikus were 17 syllables, not phrases, though I knew the rule didn't have to be religiously followed.  I looked it up and the Japanese "on" is not the same as a syllable, so it does seem more correct to say phrases.  That said, I think the English norm is to use 17 or fewer syllables rather than more syllables.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Huh?

Few probably even have active collections that are currently under a 30-day dunning period for sending a DV, so in those cases, it is really unwise to tick them off, as they may have otherwise chose to voluntarily provide validation.  Games dont assist in that regard..

Additionally, I dont see what good sending a lot of verbage accomplishes.  Anything said past the phrase "I request debt validation" is superfluous.

I dont see the point......

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am in the minority of those who relish the challenge that comes with supposedly "waking the sleeping dogs". ;-)

Debt collectors moan and whine about debtors playing games with them, so why not lend credence to their accusations and do just that?

I have had JDBs try to impunge my character in court by questioning my posts on this forum as well as other consumer debt-related forums.  That's playing games, but they never win since I can usually convince the judge that they are wasting the court's time with such narratives.

Message 4 of 10
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I dispute this debt.

Get it off my report now.

Thanks have a  great day.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Haikus are 5-7-5 syllables despite what wikipedia says.

Message 6 of 10
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Haikus are 5-7-5 syllables despite what wikipedia says.

5-7-5 syllables is what I was taught in English.  I don't know whose bubble you are referring to, but it shouldn't be my haiku because I wrote it in perfect haiku form.  (The americanized haiku version that is).

Message 7 of 10
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Since we're gonna be nerds: All proper Haiku includes a seasonal reference.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Message 8 of 10
Booner72
Senior Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

I dispute this debt.

Get it off my report now.

Have a sparkling day!

Message 9 of 10
LTomBerry
Frequent Contributor

@drkaje wrote:

This is not my debt

Cold day in hell when I pay

Take it off today

Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.