Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV only valid within 30days??

tag
Meli

DV only valid within 30days??

Hi,

So I was reading somewhere that I can only DV within 30days after speaking/communcating with a CA about a debt??

So after 30days, I can not do anything?

If I am trying to PFD, should I just send out the PFD without trying to DV?

Thanks alot!

Starting Score: FAKOs in 500s (3/2011)
Current Score: as of 1/9/13 TU780, EQ778, EX FAKO 768
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: DV only valid within 30days??

@Meli wrote:

Hi,

So I was reading somewhere that I can only DV within 30days after speaking/communcating with a CA about a debt??

So after 30days, I can not do anything?

If I am trying to PFD, should I just send out the PFD without trying to DV?

Thanks alot!

Unless you live in Texas CA's aren't required to respond to a DV request if they receive it after the 30 days but I have read stories on here that some people get results even after sending a DV after that deadline. It is worth it to go ahead and send a DV. All they can do is ignore the request.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

So if you were to DV a CA after the 30 day window and they were to just ignore it, how long should you wait before sending them a PFD? 

Message 3 of 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

So if you were to DV a CA after the 30 day window and they were to just ignore it, how long should you wait before sending them a PFD? 

I would wait a month or so and see what happens.

Do you know what the SOL on this debt is for your particular state? If you don't have the funds to pay in full before you send a PFD and you are within the SOL they might answer with a lawsuit. Just be aware of that.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not worried about the potential for law suit in my paticular situation.  I have several past collections that I am needing to clear up before I can get a house loan from my bank.  I am hoping I can clear things up with DV's and PFD's to help with my credit score but even if they respond with a law suit, I will just pay it in full at that point since it is needing to be paid anyways.  Hopefully some of the great advice found on these forums will work to my benefit though.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.