Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DV or PFD confusion!

tag
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

DV or PFD confusion!

I have been reading about sending DV and PFD's to CA's for the last 2 hours and am left completely confused. Everyone seems to have their own opinion of whether it's worth it to send a DV first or not. I have read a lot of cases elsewhere of NCO deleting from CR's with just a DV. So if it is possiblte to make it that easy, it's worth a try.

But after reading so much everyone has a different opinion. It is way over the 30 days since I got the one letter (which I think is all I ever got), actually years since. But it is one collection account I can afford to pay if need be to have it deleted. So does anyone by chance have a clear answer or is it some matter of opinion? Yes it is still in SOL but the amount is for freaking $30, if they sue me over that they are out of their minds, but I would have the money to pay if it came to that. Just looking for a clear answer so my head stops spinning...thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: DV or PFD confusion!

If its your debt I would simply pay it and if they refuse a PFD then send GW letters.

Message 2 of 5
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

ok. gonna send one tomorrow. maybe i'll just stop right there with your advice. it is strange I read so many people advising one before the other and vice versa and then disagreeing and debating as to why. ahhhhhhhhh

Message 3 of 5
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It depends on the situation.  If the CA has not reported, the DV puts in place a cease collections bar and they cannot report until validated.

If it is not your debt, certainly send a DV.

If you know it is your debt, there is really no need for a DV, just send a PFD.

Message 4 of 5
new_earth
Frequent Contributor

yeah it's mine :/ sending out tomorrow, we'll see what happens. thanks guys Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.