Established Member
Want2BFinanciallyFree

DV or PFD on Collection that JUST went on reports???

So, I lost my job in September 2009 and cancelled my ground line phone service with AT&T.  They sent me a bill for the remaining balance of $50.10 which I failed to pay.  I am now getting letters from a collection agency - Southwest Credit.  The collection just recently showed up on my credit report.  It's only being reported by the CA, not the OC.  I'm a little confused on what I should do. 

Do I send a DV letter to the CA?  I still have mobile service with AT&T so should I just call to see if they will accept the $50.10 that's owed?  If they do accept it, will the CA be required to remove the collection from my reports? 

If the OC cannot accept my payment, I know that I'll have to deal with the CA.  But should I send a DV if I already know that the debt is legitimate?  Or do I just send a PFD? 

I searched for this but there are so many posts and so many answers that I didn't know which would be the best way to handle.  Thanks in advance for your help!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}